Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that would be a nice surprise! I haven’t seen anyone report track mode being enabled on any Model Y performance - with or without the Commander.

Has anyone heard of this? I suspect the Enhance table is more wishful thinking than fact. Hopefully, track mode enabled was added to the table because someone reported it as working, and not just optimistic advertising.

Looking forward to getting my two Commanders and buttons!
Not that I was expecting the Track Mode button to work on my MYP, but I just tried it and it doesn't work. I think this is a little different from the regen adjustment since regen adjustment was in the Model Y software code at some point and Tesla probably just removed the adjustment from the UI. Track Mode was never in any Model Y.

Not that I was expecting the Track Mode button to work on my MYP, but I just tried it and it doesn't work. I think this is a little different from the regen adjustment since regen adjustment was in the Model Y software code at some point and Tesla probably just removed the adjustment from the UI. Track Mode was never in any Model Y.
Yeah, what I expected - false advertising. I hope Enhance deletes that as an available function from their web site.... I'm less excited now, re my order...

Yeah, what I expected - false advertising. I hope Enhance deletes that as an available function from their web site.... I'm less excited now, re my order...

Weeeeeell..."false advertising" implies that the advertiser was deliberately lying about the capabilities of their product. Unless proven otherwise I'd give them the benefit of the doubt as far as their intent, and just say it's a mistake on their Web site that they really should fix.

Bruce.

Weeeeeell..."false advertising" implies that the advertiser was deliberately lying about the capabilities of their product. Unless proven otherwise I'd give them the benefit of the doubt as far as their intent, and just say it's a mistake on their Web site that they really should fix.

Bruce.
The advertising was not accurate, and therefore false. Didn’t say it was intentional. However, how/why would you list a feature as available without confirming it works - either directly or via a customer…. Took me all of 10 minutes in this thread to confirm it doesn’t work, right? What else in that table is as inaccurate? ‘Nuff said….

I looked at the function table on their website and it does say "if equipped" for Track Mode. Technically it's not incorrect, since you can select Track Mode as a S3XY button function. But it's just that no Model Y in existence actually has Track Mode so when the commander send the command it does nothing.

Anyway, hopefully you'll still enjoy the buttons. I love mine.

I looked at the function table on their website and it does say "if equipped" for Track Mode. Technically it's not incorrect, since you can select Track Mode as a S3XY button function. But it's just that no Model Y in existence actually has Track Mode so when the commander send the command it does nothing.

Anyway, hopefully you'll still enjoy the buttons. I love mine.
Boy, that sure smells like intent to mislead prospective customers…. EVERYONE knows a Model Y is not “equipped” with track mode. Geeeezzzzz….

I think I’m going to return both the Y and Plaid packages I ordered. Will reach out to AO to see what their process is.

Boy, that sure smells like intent to mislead prospective customers…. EVERYONE knows a Model Y is not “equipped” with track mode. Geeeezzzzz….

I think I’m going to return both the Y and Plaid packages I ordered. Will reach out to AO to see what their process is.
Request sent to cancel both my Y and Plaid S3XY Buttons orders. I’m sure this is a product that will appeal to many; and for those folks, I wish you much enjoyment from it!

I think I’m going to return both the Y and Plaid packages I ordered. Will reach out to AO to see what their process is
We removed the Track Mode check-mark from the table until it's officially released by Tesla for the Y. In general, as soon as this happens the button should work even without a firmware update from our side. I'm sorry that this inconsistency made you decide to return the buttons and miss the opportunity to fall in love with them.
We release a new firmware version every 2-3 weeks in order to add new features or adjust to Tesla communication changes made in newer software. This is a must for a product like ours in order to keep up with all the signals. Check our Release Notes section in the S3XY Buttons app -> Commander settings to see for yourself how our product evolves over time.

We removed the Track Mode check-mark from the table until it's officially released by Tesla for the Y. In general, as soon as this happens the button should work even without a firmware update from our side. I'm sorry that this inconsistency made you decide to return the buttons and miss the opportunity to fall in love with them.
We release a new firmware version every 2-3 weeks in order to add new features or adjust to Tesla communication changes made in newer software. This is a must for a product like ours in order to keep up with all the signals. Check our Release Notes section in the S3XY Buttons app -> Commander settings to see for yourself how our product evolves over time.
Thank you for the update and for correcting the table. Have you confirmed that the horn function works on the Plaid/refreshed X/S with yoke?

Yes, this was one of the first features we checked when we made the Model S support.
BTW. I just checked the table and you are still advertising track mode for the Model Y….

Attachments

• 575C60BA-DED9-42F1-A495-35BFFED4D92C.png
    575C60BA-DED9-42F1-A495-35BFFED4D92C.png
    140 KB · Views: 85

Half of the people in the model Y section of the forum (let alone other sections) think that the MYP has track mode... if you have a beef about the MYP not having track mode take it up with Elon, don't take it out on Abstract Ocean. It is not their fault if they believed Elon when he said the MYP would have track mode.

Keith

Half of the people in the model Y section of the forum (let alone other sections) think that the MYP has track mode... if you have a beef about the MYP not having track mode take it up with Elon, don't take it out on Abstract Ocean. It is not their fault if they believed Elon when he said the MYP would have track mode.

Keith
No issue with AO. Issue was with supplier to AO - Enhance.

You should take them to court and sue them for billions of dollars!!!!! Better yet trillions!!!!!!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: drdumont