Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY Buttons Talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I updated my S3XY dashboard app to 4.2.5 today and now it does not connect to the Commander. The buttons all still work, but I can't adjust them without the app being connected. I've sent an email to Enhance Auto support so hopefully they'll get back to me with some suggestions to fix it soon.
Same here.

It was working normally yesterday, then my iPhone installed the 4.2.5 version of the S3XY iOS app overnight, and now it won't connect to my phone today.

I tried turning on/off bluetooth, restarting app, restarting the phone, unplugging and plugging back in the commander, scroll-wheel-reset of the car. No luck with any of it.

Several more folks on Reddit are reporting the same problems:

Same here.

It was working normally yesterday, then my iPhone installed the 4.2.5 version of the S3XY iOS app overnight, and now it won't connect to my phone today.

I tried turning on/off bluetooth, restarting app, restarting the phone, unplugging and plugging back in the commander, scroll-wheel-reset of the car. No luck with any of it.

I did not get an email response from them but several people brought it up on their discord channel. They are aware of it and will send out an update (Android version apparently is already out). A work around they posted is to add another car in the S3XY app and swap to it and back to your car. I tried this and it worked. I think they'll have the iphone update soon so hopefully it'll get taken care of.

• Helpful
Reactions: jsmay311
My experience with EnhAuto is that they do not reply to emails or support questions put through their website. But they pick the phone up rather quickly. I have tried their Bulgaria number as I live in The Netherlands, but the US number should work equally well. Do keep in mind their time zone.

I sent an email to enh but no reply.

I’m leaning toward cancelling until this dust settles.
Maybe they got avalanched by emails about the app connection issue last couple of days. I didn't get a response from them either yesterday or today, although my issue is now solved.

Looking at the Commander and cables for the Commander on their website, for Gen2 they list 2019 and beyond for Model 3. On their discord someone also mentioned no 2018 cable currently available. So that tells me Gen2 Commander probably can't connect to a 2018 Model 3 unless they sell a compatible cable for 2018 Model 3 in the future.

Maybe they got avalanched by emails about the app connection issue last couple of days. I didn't get a response from them either yesterday or today, although my issue is now solved.

Looking at the Commander and cables for the Commander on their website, for Gen2 they list 2019 and beyond for Model 3. On their discord someone also mentioned no 2018 cable currently available. So that tells me Gen2 Commander probably can't connect to a 2018 Model 3 unless they sell a compatible cable for 2018 Model 3 in the future.
If it’s just a cable issue then I probably shouldn’t “settle” for a Gen 1 quite yet.

Reactions: android04
It used to be on the page, they still mention their operation times (Monday through Friday with time slots given). In the HTML code on the page, I could still find the phone numbers, deliberately hidden

+3592/91-53-518; +3592/ 91-53-515; +3592/91-53-519

From my call logs I had called them at +359883566980, but since you are in the USA, just give this number a try first 18002839903. This 1800 number is in my call logs and I believe it was also their number
Thank you. The 800 rings to a place called Microventures. But the …6980 number worked for me. $2 phone call but a nice fellow explained that the Gen 2 issue with 2018 models is ONLY a cable issue and they should have a proper cable at the end of April. I’m cancelling my T Sportline order (they could have done this legwork for me through my multiple emails) … and will either buy a used Gen 1 as folks upgrade or buy a Gen 2 directly from Enhanced once the correct units are shipping.

Thank you for supplying the phone numbers. They still haven’t responded to my two emails.

Thank you. The 800 rings to a place called Microventures. But the …6980 number worked for me. $2 phone call but a nice fellow explained that the Gen 2 issue with 2018 models is ONLY a cable issue and they should have a proper cable at the end of April. I’m cancelling my T Sportline order (they could have done this legwork for me through my multiple emails) … and will either buy a used Gen 1 as folks upgrade or buy a Gen 2 directly from Enhanced once the correct units are shipping.

Thank you for supplying the phone numbers. They still haven’t responded to my two emails.
Sorry for the 1800 number, indeed it's MicroVentures. I have updated my post.

Same here.

An app update already went out (version 4.2.7) that fixed the issue for me.

Pretty good turnaround time. 👍

I received an email response from Enhance Auto regarding the connection issue today, but as mentioned here the update was already pushed out yesterday, so my issue was already sorted.

Anyone find another fix for this? I’m having issues with my iPhone 13 Pro Max on the latest FW. Same thing. Reinstall and all that. Working just fine on my wife’s phone, same but smaller size pro. No idea what’s up.