Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will check that and fix it if possible.

Unfortunately, this is not possible to be done from the CAN bus. The glovebox's PIN is entirely MCU feature, so it's integrated inside the screen only and we can't enforce it from a button currently.

I also notice that if the cabin lights are turned on with the button and left on for a while they start to flicker, if turned on manually they remain steady no matter how long they are left on.

Any update of a shorter pull time option on the "door handle opens funk" option? I am eagerly awaiting an app update, they are better than Tesla over the air updates :D

Keith

I've had these for a few weeks now, and the "start autopilot/auto pilot hands-on" feature is worth it alone. I was paying monthly for FSD to get the lane change feature. I've canceled it because signaling a lane change and hitting the "start autopilot" button is so much better and smoother than signaling and double clicking the stalk. So S3XY Buttons has already paid for itself and is going to save me $2,400 a year. Being able to click for chill mode and lowering regen will also come in handy during ski season. Great product.

I've had these for a few weeks now, and the "start autopilot/auto pilot hands-on" feature is worth it alone. I was paying monthly for FSD to get the lane change feature. I've canceled it because signaling a lane change and hitting the "start autopilot" button is so much better and smoother than signaling and double clicking the stalk. So S3XY Buttons has already paid for itself and is going to save me $2,400 a year. Being able to click for chill mode and lowering regen will also come in handy during ski season. Great product.
So you have a button mounted behind your steering wheel? One pressure engages autopilot? I might buy it for this.

So you have a button mounted behind your steering wheel? One pressure engages autopilot? I might buy it for this.
Yes and yes. If you put the button behind the steering wheel at 9 o'clock, it is a smooth motion with your left hand to signal a lane change and then hit the button to cancel the blinker and reengage Autopilot. Additionally, if you are in the US, once you have engaged Autopilot the button if pressed will satisfy the periodic request to put pressure on the steering wheel. It is very nice.

Reactions: samori01
This seems to be the main thread for discussing S3XY Buttons, even though it's not Model Y specific...

Anyways, FYI, I wrote a post about installing S3XY Buttons on my Palladium Model X. There are a few pictures to document a couple places I found where the installation procedure is different from what's documented in the YouTube video for the Model S/X.

Bruce.

I bought these right when I got my car in February, but still have not put them in yet (will hopefully be doing it one of the next few weekends). How do folks go about storing the wires after replacing the console cover?

I bought these right when I got my car in February, but still have not put them in yet (will hopefully be doing it one of the next few weekends). How do folks go about storing the wires after replacing the console cover?
Do you mean the dongle that the commander is connected to? I just keep it wedged between the passenger seat and the center console near the floor. Mine has stayed put very well.

Reactions: samori01
If you could, could you post a picture? My kids sit in the back and I am just afraid they will find their feet wrapped around the cord.
It’s a bit dark but hopefully you can tell from the pictures how I have it positioned. It’s been there for several month and it has not been touched by any backseat passengers.

18D8C71E-FE1A-46CC-B5C6-4C030CA0E2D7.jpeg
E6FE2846-07AC-463F-A3EF-704E7F318171.jpeg

Where can one find the most current list of functions these buttons can control? Some here talk about using it for auto pilot, but the AO site lists that as a “coming soon” feature, for example. Where’s the complete and accurate list?

Hi guys, sorry for the delay!
Now my account is back up and running so here are some answers to the questions above.

Unfortunately we cannot control the state shown on the Main screen for some features. Hopefully with future Tesla updates we will find a way to do it. Our idea is to have at least the sate in our Dashboard for all overwrite functionalities. We recently added Wipers and Fan Speed, others will follow soon.

Front/Back motor ratio could be controlled only with TrackMode on. I believe there is no other way to do it or to trick the motor control module from the Commander.

We will look into that. We have planned also a button for battery pre-heating in case of charging on non-Tesla superchargers which will be useful in EU.

Reset button is not needed. There was a bug in 2.5.2 which we fixed with 2.6.0+. Please, update to the latest and if the issue continues it might be related to a very rare hardware issue which needs a Commander replacement. Just reach [email protected] and we will replace yours right away ;)

Moving the speed Up/Down removes the Nag only in the USA. Tesla disable this feature for EU because of the regulations. Our button does nothing more than just emulating the scroll wheel button up/down because of this we have in the disclamer of the feature that you have to place the button on the steering wheel in order to be compliment with US regulations (only a button on the Steering wheel could dismiss the nag). Most probably we will disable or rename this feature for EU in order to avoid misunderstanding and wrong expectations.

For Long press and double-press we need app redesign in order to make the UX nice. They should come somewhere in the summer.
We are one step forward with the AP Activation after lane change by releasing the AP feature last week. However in order to make this feature reliable and safe we need to find more ways of synchronization the AP state between our Commander and the car. The problem is that our connection point doesn't have access to all the data but in the beginning we decided to live with this restriction but have the easier installation (otherwise you should connect to the MCU which is a bit trickier).

Here are the features we are working on for v2.7.0 that should come in 2 week:
- optimize communication and don't skip important messages like Add/Remove button
- improve Turn signals logic
- Child Lock (which is actually Child Unlock feature for 10 seconds on both, left or right rear doors)
- Thank you! (turn hazard lights for 3 seconds with 1 press)
- Headlights On
- Back window defroster
- some improvements in the App UI
- option in Dashboard to turn off phone screen when Tesla main screen is off etc. (if you mount a phone permanently to the car)
- Notifications in the app for new versions and important information
What about "Headlights off"? It's a real PITA on the refreshed S/X UI. Easier on the 3/Y UI

also notice that if the cabin lights are turned on with the button and left on for a while they start to flicker,
We are trying to fix the flicker issue but sometimes it might help just to turn them on/off again.
Several people already requested a shorter time for the pull handle so maybe it's time to do it. I personally think it's better to be on the safe side with a longer time because passengers might accidentally trigger these actions if it's shorter, however it will be best to be configurable for sure!

Where can one find the most current list of functions these buttons can control?
In the app with Demo mode for example or here, grouped by model: https://enhauto.com/button-functions

Will the iPhone app recognize each car seperately?
Yes, just swipe from the right on the home screen.

What about "Headlights off"
We will add this to the roadmap.

We are trying to fix the flicker issue but sometimes it might help just to turn them on/off again.
Several people already requested a shorter time for the pull handle so maybe it's time to do it. I personally think it's better to be on the safe side with a longer time because passengers might accidentally trigger these actions if it's shorter, however it will be best to be configurable for sure!

In the app with Demo mode for example or here, grouped by model: https://enhauto.com/button-functions

Yes, just swipe from the right on the home screen.

We will add this to the roadmap.
Thanks! I found that table this morning, but still a bit confused. For example, “Track Mode” is checked for the Model Y. I have a MY performance, but I don’t think the button will activate it as “Teack Mode” is not an option in the UI for any Model Y car. Yet, the table shows or implies it can be activated with the button. That’s just one example. Thanks!

Can they trigger these actions when the car is not in Park?

Thanks! I found that table this morning, but still a bit confused. For example, “Track Mode” is checked for the Model Y. I have a MY performance, but I don’t think the button will activate it as “Teack Mode” is not an option in the UI for any Model Y car. Yet, the table shows or implies it can be activated with the button. That’s just one example. Thanks!
Actually, the TrackMode on a Performance Model Y was not tested so far with the buttons but it's supposed to work even if it's not available in the menu just like the Regen is working on models after 2021 where the Regen was removed from the menu. As we don't have access to all the models with different configurations and software versions we sometimes update the table based on customer feedback in order to keep everyone informed.

Can they trigger these actions when the car is not in Park?
No, we have a safety logic implemented to prevent this from happening. On top of that, Tesla itself has a security logic to prevent requests to open while in motion.

Reactions: Transformer
Actually, the TrackMode on a Performance Model Y was not tested so far with the buttons but it's supposed to work even if it's not available in the menu just like the Regen is working on models after 2021 where the Regen was removed from the menu. As we don't have access to all the models with different configurations and software versions we sometimes update the table based on customer feedback in order to keep everyone informed.

No, we have a safety logic implemented to prevent this from happening. On top of that, Tesla itself has a security logic to prevent requests to open while in motion.
Wow, that would be a nice surprise! I haven’t seen anyone report track mode being enabled on any Model Y performance - with or without the Commander.

Has anyone heard of this? I suspect the Enhance table is more wishful thinking than fact. Hopefully, track mode enabled was added to the table because someone reported it as working, and not just optimistic advertising.

Looking forward to getting my two Commanders and buttons!