Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I prefer TACC over dumb cruise control but the one in the Model 3 stays too far back and also takes too long to regain speed when the lane is clear. So I’m often having to use the accelerator anyway. To be fair I don’t think that feature was any better with radar.

Fairly often my preferred 'mode' to drive in is Autosteer engaged but with TACC dialled all the way back to zero.

The fact you can’t easily just have Autosteer on without having to also use TACC is another shortcoming of the Tesla system vs the way some others operate.

I prefer TACC over dumb cruise control but the one in the Model 3 stays too far back and also takes too long to regain speed when the lane is clear. So I’m often having to use the accelerator anyway. To be fair I don’t think that feature was any better with radar.
You can adjust the follow distance of course, I can get one that I think makes sense at least for me but agree it is extremely slow at accelerating back up to speed when the lane clears so also use the accelerator. It's clearly programmed for maximum efficiency with a sprinkling of slow American driving on top.

Reactions: doats1
Sorry I must be having a brain lapse but if you set the speed limit like that at what speed does the car travel?
Say you are travelling at 50 mph and engage Autosteer, then TACC is set to 50 mph (when using the current speed setting as I do). I then flick the right scroll down 10 times to get the set max speed down to zero, whilst controlling actual speed with my right foot. The car will then slow down all the way to zero if I fully lift off, but Autosteer stays engaged (within normal limits). You can drive at any speed between zero and 140 kph like this, using right pedal to adjust speed.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado and goRt
Say you are travelling at 50 mph and engage Autosteer, then TACC is set to 50 mph (when using the current speed setting as I do). I then flick the right scroll down 10 times to get the set max speed down to zero, whilst controlling actual speed with my right foot. The car will then slow down all the way to zero if I fully lift off, but Autosteer stays engaged (within normal limits). You can drive at any speed between zero and 140 kph like this, using right pedal to adjust speed.
Very clever. Not something I recall ever hearing before.

Wipers are not going to work. Tesla should completely disable the switch to automatic wipers when cruise control or autopilot is activated. It is really annoying to always have to set wipers back to manual after enabling the cruise control due to dry wiping.

Reactions: ACarneiro
My wipers behaved perfectly on a short outward journey wiping intermittently in light rain.
Unfortunately, they continued to operate exactly the same on the return journey long after the rain had stopped.
Enough said!
On my car the wipers always behave perfectly but rain, mist, spray or certain lighting conditions do not conform.

Will the Met Office ever fix this?