Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safe to Wash a Tesla with RainX Spot Free Car Wash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got this and want to wash my model 3 highland. Unfortunately, after purchasing I read multiple 1 star amazon reviews saying it left an ugly film on the glass and body. Does anyone have some experience with this one? I really don't care about the "no wiping needed" etc. I only want to make sure it cleans the car without causing unwanted side effects as others have mentioned. I also read some bad stuff on the wiper fluid.
BTW I am using Bosch Aquatak Car Washer (foam cannon).

Last edited:
I just got this and want to wash my model 3 highland. Unfortunately, after purchasing I read multiple 1 star amazon reviews saying it left an ugly film on the glass and body. Does anyone have some experience with this one? I really don't care about the "no wiping needed" etc. I only want to make sure it cleans the car without causing unwanted side effects as others have mentioned. I also read some bad stuff on the wiper fluid.
BTW I am using Bosch Aquatak Car Washer (foam cannon).

I don't have any personal experience with this particular product, but like you mentioned, there are numerous negative reviews saying it actually left a lot water spots and streaks. Also, when considering any car wash soap, I always like to look up what its pH is. It looks like this Rainx spot free carwash has a pH between 4-5, which means it is NOT pH neutral and is actually acidic. There are times when an acidic car wash might be helpful, such as if you are trying to remove water spots, inorganic road film, or anything else that has a high mineral content. But for some reason, this particular product doesn't seem to work well for a lot of users.

Personally, I would not use this Rainx product on my car. I would return it and invest in a good quality car wash soap. If you want a pH neutral car soap, I would recommend the classic Meguiars Gold Class Car Soap or Carpro Reset.

Reactions: mulic