Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Restraint System Fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going on a trip from Colorado to Utah the day after tomorrow, so I won’t have time to get this fixed before I leave. I’m wondering if it might be an issue. The SC did a remote diagnosis. See pics for alert and diagnosis. It looks like three parts will be replaced, but I am not sure how critical they are. My local SC guy said he didn’t think my car would be disabled along the way, but we will be camping in a remote area without cell service. I am amazed by how they can do a remote diagnosis. Thanks for any ideas you may have.
AEE452AD-941D-457A-956B-8D9857B4C706.jpeg
6F50291F-5237-48E0-A381-312EBA2C9A50.jpeg

Last edited:
It sounds like it is in the rear seat. Will you have any passengers back there?

If it was in the front seat, it might mean the airbag would go off at full power, rather than adjusted for weight. But in the rear I don't think (I could be wrong!) that could mean anything other than they won't be able to tell you if your passenger has a seatbelt unbuckled.

It sounds like it is in the rear seat. Will you have any passengers back there?

If it was in the front seat, it might mean the airbag would go off at full power, rather than adjusted for weight. But in the rear I don't think (I could be wrong!) that could mean anything other than they won't be able to tell you if your passenger has a seatbelt unbuckled.
Yeah, I see the rear seat thing, but I’m wondering if the universal restraint control (also mentioned) might impact other things. I’m waiting for a reply from my SC. Luckily, no passengers in back. Thanks for your thoughts.

It could also be a door open sensor.

The "universal" could mean it controls everything as you fear...but I suspect it's more likely that it's the same part for each position.

I hope the service tech gets back to you before you leave. If it is a critical safety issue, they may work to get you in immediately...or find a service center along your route that can handle it.