Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score Gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming you're talking about FSDBeta... Safety Score is not available via the API or the UI once you're in FSD Beta. On one hand it kinda makes sense, you've already qualified, on another you're not driving in FSD 100% of the time. Actuality, FSD beta drives so poorly that in most cases it tanks your score and they don't want people complaining :cool:

Assuming you're talking about FSDBeta... Safety Score is not available via the API or the UI once you're in FSD Beta. On one hand it kinda makes sense, you've already qualified, on another you're not driving in FSD 100% of the time. Actuality, FSD beta drives so poorly that in most cases it tanks your score and they don't want people complaining :cool:
Well, since time on basic AP doesn't impact the Safety Score, I would assume the same is true of FSD. So it wouldn't 'tank' your safety score even if SS was still available.

Well, since time on basic AP doesn't impact the Safety Score, I would assume the same is true of FSD. So it wouldn't 'tank' your safety score even if SS was still available.
It would when you have to rapidly turn the wheel because it only half commits to a turn. That would count as aggressive turning. There are plenty of times where FSD just bails out, gives out or requires immediate intervention in which you would definitely see your score drop either from having to slam on the brakes, rapidly turn or suddenly be following too closely. This is why I think they shut off the score once you're enrolled.

I subscribed to FSD before a road trip to Florida. While in Florida I noticed the Safety Score had been added to the app and I think I had a 100. I assumed the Safety Score would stay in the app while I was subscribed. There was an update that installed while in Florida. While driving back from Florida I noticed all the FSD options were now unchecked so I pulled over, shifted to Park and turned everything back on and accepted all the Beta acknowledgments. When I exited the interstate close to home I noticed the Autopilot screen looked different with red lines on each side of the road. At a traffic light I accelerated and the car turned right and it was self driving which was amazing. I went all the home about 8 miles through 2 round-abouts, several traffic lights and turns. My question is do I have FSD Beta or is that something additional that I may get access to? What’s confusing is now the Safety Score is gone from my app. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it is not there. I would not think I’m in FSD Beta yet since I’ve not received any notice, email of anything from Tesla. I’m sure if you are accepted to FSD Beta you would get some kind of notice or instructions. I’ve attached screenshots so maybe someone can tell me what’s going on.
0C668641-6CA5-4501-8367-20176925120D.jpeg
41FFBB44-94D0-46D4-8302-18C52DDF80BE.jpeg
66F51BE0-1E21-40BC-8234-238584846732.jpeg
3CA4F58B-E55D-452F-B048-E8F135123E04.jpeg

Looks like you're in, congrats!
Wow, that's crazy! I was coming to that conclusion, but I just thought I would have a to wait a lot longer and I thought there would be more instruction on what they expect from a Beta tester. I see a lot of people on YouTube capturing events by tapping the camera. Is that something we are supposed to be doing or is that not a thing anymore?

Wow, that's crazy! I was coming to that conclusion, but I just thought I would have a to wait a lot longer and I thought there would be more instruction on what they expect from a Beta tester. I see a lot of people on YouTube capturing events by tapping the camera. Is that something we are supposed to be doing or is that not a thing anymore?
I think maybe those folks are capturing that so they can put it on YouTube. I don't think you need to do that to send it to Tesla. Everything related to FSD is gong back to them automatically. I tried to get in earlier this year but after 2 months and a deteriorating SS, I decided to wait until I knew I could get in. Might try it now.

I have FSD and of this morning the Safety Score is gone from the Tesla app. It did not reappear after an uninstall and reinstall of the app. Anyone else seeing this or know it’s gone?
I have the exact same situation. I'm waiting now for an explanation from Tesla support. I have FSD and I used to have the safety score. Until it disappeared.