Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score: parameter dependence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard braking messes up score if you jolt to stop, or if you roll backwards on a hill and then press accelerator …. The proportion of time is the tricky part… if you brake more you can improve your hard brake score, but don’t make a mistake ! Also it’s tough because you have to brake faster than .1 g but not faster than .3

Following BCNY’s point - common freeway events that are safe will reduce your score, right? Following at long headway behind car in front, another car merges into my lane from the side ahead of me, so I brake gently and the interloper safely accelerates - it’s all safe and happens 20 times an hour, but but I’m dinged because guilty of “Unsafe Following” for a Second or two until at can increase the gap. Am I the only one?

Following BCNY’s point - common freeway events that are safe will reduce your score, right? Following at long headway behind car in front, another car merges into my lane from the side ahead of me, so I brake gently and the interloper safely accelerates - it’s all safe and happens 20 times an hour, but but I’m dinged because guilty of “Unsafe Following” for a Second or two until at can increase the gap. Am I the only one?
Look at the posts at the start of this thread. Unsafe following has only a tiny effect on your final score. The ones to watch are hard braking, aggressive turning, and forward collision warnings. Even if you max out unsafe following at 60%, you can still get 98 if everything else is perfect.