Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me understand this correctly: You reset your score (opt out, restart, opt in) and simply drove 100ish miles to get a 100 safety score. Then you got the email?

I currently have a ~98.25 and am doing a 150 mile drive tomorrow. Trying to figure out the best coarse of action.

I did the same thing 3 days ago.

Opt out and back in. But I’m at 99.2 though.

Reactions: T-Racer
Let me understand this correctly: You reset your score (opt out, restart, opt in) and simply drove 100ish miles to get a 100 safety score. Then you got the email?

I currently have a ~98.25 and am doing a 150 mile drive tomorrow. Trying to figure out the best coarse of action.
That’s exactly right, I just autopiloted 100 on an empty freeway last night but broke it up in 25 mile chunks in case I needed to soft reset with the scroll wheels

Getting software now

But I did earn it by alot of hard work to claw back from an initial 84 percent in the beginning.

I’m not a fan of the opt out opt in method…should have a min of one week driving.

But….the safety driving is totally porked and not a true representation of real safe driving. In addition , yo long a wait after paying for the software which is not totally autonomous. If I was going to be under 99 this week I would have gone for this method myself

Just really not happy with how Tesla has handled the Beta program.

Those of us with 99’s and over 3,000 miles since pressing the button get / got nothing and people gaming the system all over the place getting it literally in a day.

Just more @elonmusk antics 🤷🏻‍♂️
Quoted for context, because I could only hit the like button one time. I’m in the same boat you are.

Reactions: El joe
Quoted for context, because I could only hit the like button one time. I’m in the same boat you are.
So frustrating. Over 700 miles at 99 with 12 straight days of 100s (totaling 500 of those miles) and nothing. If it doesn’t roll out to my car tomorrow night, I’m scheduling an appointment with CarMax and moving on. Not a fan of the games.

Reactions: Tpstulane
Getting software now

But I did earn it by alot of hard work to claw back from an initial 84 percent in the beginning.

I’m not a fan of the opt out opt in method…should have a min of one week driving.

But….the safety driving is totally porked and not a true representation of real safe driving. In addition , yo long a wait after paying for the software which is not totally autonomous. If I was going to be under 99 this week I would have gone for this method myself
No $hit. If you are manually “hard braking” because a deer or some dick pulled out in front of you in a PARKING LOT, aren’t you being a “safe driver” by avoiding an accident???! The parking lot thing happened to me today. In fact, I was down to a 0.1 for hard braking from a 0.2 when I started my day this morning at 6:30am. Guy in a parking lot pulled out in front of me, I hit the brakes. Back up to a 0.2. I mean… really? That’s what you should do? Are accidents not counted in the “safety score”??? I digress….

So frustrating. Over 700 miles at 99 with 12 straight days of 100s (totaling 500 of those miles) and nothing. If it doesn’t roll out to my car tomorrow night, I’m scheduling an appointment with CarMax and moving on. Not a fan of the games.
Eh, what do you move onto? I’ve had two SPA Volvo’s with Pilot Assist 2 (2016 xc90 Inscription and 2018 XC60 Inscription, 50,XXX miles on each of those cars). This was the “next best thing” to AP, and after having my Y for over a year, Pilot Assist really doesn’t hold a flame to AP. Maybe offerings from Merc, BMW, or Audi are on par nowadays? Who knows? My neighbor just took delivery of an RS6 Avant with every option, maybe I’ll have to take it for a spin?

Reactions: El joe
Eh, what do you move onto? I’ve had two SPA Volvo’s with Pilot Assist 2 (2016 xc90 Inscription and 2018 XC60 Inscription, 50,XXX miles on each of those cars). This was the “next best thing” to AP, and after having my Y for over a year, Pilot Assist really doesn’t hold a flame to AP. Maybe offerings from Merc, BMW, or Audi are on par nowadays? Who knows? My neighbor just took delivery of an RS6 Avant with every option, maybe I’ll have to take it for a spin?
Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee anything I move on to would be a downgrade. But this whole thing with having to drive slowly and pathetically to hopefully be granted access to beta, deadlines being pushed back randomly (if it happens again tomorrow — the first one was already pushed back a week) and such is too annoying to me. Not a fan of someone “controlling” how I drive a vehicle I bought.

I’ll still hold on to my stock and CT reservations but I’ve learned never to dip my toes into the FSD game. Or insurance, judging how terrible Safety Score ranks my driving skills.

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee anything I move on to would be a downgrade. But this whole thing with having to drive slowly and pathetically to hopefully be granted access to beta, deadlines being pushed back randomly (if it happens again tomorrow — the first one was already pushed back a week) and such is too annoying to me. Not a fan of someone “controlling” how I drive a vehicle I bought.

I’ll still hold on to my stock and CT reservations but I’ve learned never to dip my toes into the FSD game. Or insurance, judging how terrible Safety Score ranks my driving skills.
Well, all that, plus having PAID for the “functionality”. I totally get how the early adopters feel, and it sucks, genuinely.

Reactions: El joe and BCNY
I am so salty from Tesla pouring salt in our wounds, I emailed the following to fsdbeta and earlyaccess:

Can someone please shed some light on this?
Why can someone get an FSD subscription for just a couple of days and receive FSD beta, while a long-term owner that paid full price fot FSD many years ago (and has been maintaining a 100 safety score for weeks), is still not allowed in the program?

I know it's useless but I am so mad about this
Theory… those that have a perfect 100 score but didn’t get it yet. Is it because they’ve never gone over 50mph and followed less than 3 seconds? So the perfect score of zero is not zero but actually null. And maybe they need some kind of score there for it to really take?

Reactions: T-Racer and El joe
I stand at 99.2 (based on spreadsheet) and been on 99 for more than 3 weeks with ~1000 miles
My 2 options :
1. Release tomorrow to 99’s
2. FCW drops on Tuesday after 30 days and I get up to 100 and get update in around 1 week.
I’m at the threshold of a 100. Thing is, it’s SUPER hard to lower FCW and hard braking. I’m at like 2,800mile since this “science” project has started.

now we wait… @jf64k how long did it take after your 100 miles passed?

Attachments

• 4446E706-9A19-476F-99F0-49FA8EC33251.png
    4446E706-9A19-476F-99F0-49FA8EC33251.png
    186 KB · Views: 65
  • Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
No $hit. If you are manually “hard braking” because a deer or some dick pulled out in front of you in a PARKING LOT, aren’t you being a “safe driver” by avoiding an accident???! The parking lot thing happened to me today. In fact, I was down to a 0.1 for hard braking from a 0.2 when I started my day this morning at 6:30am. Guy in a parking lot pulled out in front of me, I hit the brakes. Back up to a 0.2. I mean… really? That’s what you should do? Are accidents not counted in the “safety score”??? I digress….
I braked to avoid hitting a kid that ran out between cars.. the performance models come with Brembos because ??????? Brakes are there for a reason. There's almost no way not to game the system, unless you want to create worse problems for yourself

I braked to avoid hitting a kid that ran out between cars.. the performance models come with Brembos because ??????? Brakes are there for a reason. There's almost no way not to game the system, unless you want to create worse problems for yourself
Anyone still really believes these metrics and scores reflect safer drivers?

They just needed a criteria to roll the beta out slowly, came up with this stupid game.

Reactions: dillon and Ramphex