Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the only times I hear the FCW alerts.
Are you sure you know what an FCW alert sounds like? It's a very loud BEEP BEEP BEEP and a red message on the screen.
I think you are just getting parking warnings, which are not FCW's at all. They are soft dings. They don't count against your safety score at all.
If you are getting FCW's, just slow the hell down in these environments with obstacles all around.

This is what a FCW sounds like:

I am trying to find a way to turn off or educate the forward collision warnings in my garage where I park about 3 inches from a suspended piece of carpet. I have a 2023 model Y with ultrasonic sensors. Does anyone have a suggestion for location aware disabling of the forward collision warnings and safety score tracking?
go slower? your garage isnt going to affect your safety score.

Are you sure you know what an FCW alert sounds like? It's a very loud BEEP BEEP BEEP and a red message on the screen.
I think you are just getting parking warnings, which are not FCW's at all. They are soft dings. They don't count against your safety score at all.
If you are getting FCW's, just slow the hell down in these environments with obstacles all around.

This is what a FCW sounds like:
Thank you for posting. You are correct in that I am listening for the wrong FCW sound. I rechecked the setting to insure the warning is turned on and there are no alerts visual or audible yet the safety score per daily trips are indicating multiple warnings on different trips. I am going to contact service.

Thank you for posting. You are correct in that I am listening for the wrong FCW sound. I rechecked the setting to insure the warning is turned on and there are no alerts visual or audible yet the safety score per daily trips are indicating multiple warnings on different trips. I am going to contact service.
My Y has always been the same. No warnings, no red flashing death skulls, but safety score continues to get dinged for FCWs - currently at a 6.8 avg. Possibly it's just nervous and afraid to go to sleep because it believes there is a semi-trailer truck, (which flickers in and out of existence), parked in my garage with it. Although it's a little annoying to have my insurance keep going up because of such foolishness, I guess that's just the price for the entertainment.

Possibly it's just nervous and afraid to go to sleep because it believes there is a semi-trailer truck, (which flickers in and out of existence), parked in my garage with it. Although it's a little annoying to have my insurance keep going up because of such foolishness, I guess that's just the price for the entertainment.
Doesn't the current Safety Score have a "map" that shows you where the events happened? (I highly doubt FCW are happening while pulling into your garage.)

My Y has always been the same. No warnings, no red flashing death skulls, but safety score continues to get dinged for FCWs - currently at a 6.8 avg. Possibly it's just nervous and afraid to go to sleep because it believes there is a semi-trailer truck, (which flickers in and out of existence), parked in my garage with it. Although it's a little annoying to have my insurance keep going up because of such foolishness, I guess that's just the price for the entertainment.
The FCW for Safety Score is based on the medium setting. It doesn't matter what setting you have in your car, the Safety Score will track any FCWs at the medium setting. Try setting your car to have the alerts at the medium setting, then you should hear the alarm every time Safety Score shows an FCW. Or set it to early like we do & then you will get better training on how to avoid FCWs to not have any ding your Safety Score. We dealt with 8 months of Safety Score nonsense while waiting for FSD Beta since we were greatly delayed by needing RCCB cameras on our 2016 S.