Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to have FSD>Have registered for the FSD Beta>and be approved/entered into the queue from the wait list. Only at that time will you officially be in the monitoring/evaluation process and then have the Safety Score show up in your app. It took me over a week for that to all happen.

Reactions: gleearch
Anyone have the safety score in a sub account?
Not me, but you can check the threads in the AI, AP, FSD Forum.

Spoiler: Safety Score is infuriating. Very hard not to get dinged for hard breaking even if only using regen. Also, you’ll get crushed by “Unsafe Following” if you are ever in any kind of traffic situation. 🤪

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I apologize if this has been asked and answered but is Tesla still aggregating safety scores or did that cut off when FSD Beta was pushed out Sunday night? Reason I’m asking is that I had a 100 until last Friday (of all days) when I got an FCW (unwarranted of course) which dropped me down to 98. It’s stayed there regardless of successive trouble-free days.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered but is Tesla still aggregating safety scores or did that cut off when FSD Beta was pushed out Sunday night? Reason I’m asking is that I had a 100 until last Friday (of all days) when I got an FCW (unwarranted of course) which dropped me down to 98. It’s stayed there regardless of successive trouble-free days.
From what I've seen it is still continuing. I think the expectation is that on successive days or weeks (nte 1000/day?) the Beta will be shared with additional members of the community at declining security scores.

I feel like the only way to get even close to obtain a score near 100 is to drive out onto the highway after 2000 and just drive an hour in each direction on a relatively open highway. . .

Last edited:
Even if you have a perfect score of 100, that might not be enough given how many others are trying to get a beta invite and if they also have scores of 100, so I suspect additional screening factors will come into play like miles driven (more = better), miles on TAP vs manually driven, rural vs urban, highway vs city, if they need more testers in your area, if they need more testers in a MS/MX/M3/MY, yada yada yada. You could have a perfect 100 score and not get in for weeks and weeks if the other factors are not favorable or what they need. To increase your odds, rack up the uneventful miles to increase your score if not 100, and to increase that secondary measurement. Tesla has not specifically come out and said any of this, just an educated guess from what I have read thus far, but if they have a choice between somebody who drives 50 miles a week versus somebody who drives 500 miles a week, they will probably want the higher mileage driver in their beta test for more data, all else being equal.

Even if you have a perfect score of 100, that might not be enough given how many others are trying to get a beta invite and if they also have scores of 100, so I suspect additional screening factors will come into play like miles driven (more = better), miles on TAP vs manually driven, rural vs urban, highway vs city, if they need more testers in your area, if they need more testers in a MS/MX/M3/MY, yada yada yada. You could have a perfect 100 score and not get in for weeks and weeks if the other factors are not favorable or what they need. To increase your odds, rack up the uneventful miles to increase your score if not 100, and to increase that secondary measurement. Tesla has not specifically come out and said any of this, just an educated guess from what I have read thus far, but if they have a choice between somebody who drives 50 miles a week versus somebody who drives 500 miles a week, they will probably want the higher mileage driver in their beta test for more data, all else being equal.
All the more reason not to do those evening "miles runs" just in hopes of securing a dL.

Reactions: jebinc