Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salt Lake City, UT: Wednesday, March 4th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a reply back from Jani Iwamoto (Senate District 4)
I am looking into this bill. I appreciate your email and your support for it but haven't carefully researched it at this time. I will do so prior to making a final decision. Jani

It seems like we really need more people to contact our elected officials. I am sure the auto dealers will do their best to defeat this bill.

From a lawyer friend of mine on FB.
"for news about HB 394, which would allow car makers (including Tesla) to sell directly to consumers without dealers in Utah. The bill came up for consideration in the full House of Representatives today, but the bill sponsor "circled" it. That means she asked for them to wait to consider it and come back to it later. Apparently they are working on an amendment to it that they want to finish before final consideration. That makes me a little nervous, but it sounds like it's a friendly amendment. The legislative session ends this coming Thursday, so it needs to be considered in the House and the Senate before then. This means there still time to contact your representatives and let them know you support this bill."

Posting this photo here because it's sad in a way that goes along w this thread. On Friday I was on my way to the airport, thinking that I was missing the 'grand opening'. So I dropped by. Paper signs scotch taped to the inside of the door. Compliance (?) :crying:
image.jpg
Oh, and doors locked. Only people around were the SuperCharger construction crew, wrapping things up. ML