Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego Tesla Club First Meeting 4/21/13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well someone needs to get the ball rolling :). I apologize if there already is a Tesla Club in San Diego; I couldn't find it.

I originally put my deposit down March 3, 2012, but wanted the Red 85, so I held on for over a year.
I'm receiving my multi-coat Red 85 this Friday morning (4/19) or earlier at the San Diego Service Center.

So it's short notice, but if anyone wants to get together this Sunday morning (say anytime between 10 AM - noon) to talk Tesla, let's get together.

My address is 8289 Sugarman Dr., La Jolla 92037. I'm about 1 mile south of UCSD, off La Jolla Scenic North.
My email is [email protected]

Give me a shoutout if you can come.

David Guggenheim

Out club http://www.socalgreedspeed.com has been doing this for the last 4 years. San Diego drives included.

Tesla never does events. Even famous car shows like LA and Detroit are super rare and often on someone else s dime (like Yokohama). We help get out the word for them.

No insurance (also no rides) and our "club" is just a bunch of Tesla owners. No dues, nothing official, emails and some phone calls. that's it.

With an amazing car you start to get requests to appear and talk about Electric ownership.
Here is one that calls us every year to show our Teslas. :)

Last edited:
Earth Day is the perfect place to have a meet. Call them and ask to show your cars!

Cleaner Car Concourse At EarthFair

"San Diego EarthWorks invites individuals and non-commercial organizations to exhibit their energy-efficient and alternative-fuel vehicles at the 22nd annual EarthFair on Sunday, April 21, 2013 – the world’s largest free annual environmental fair and Earth Day celebration!

Our dependence on the inefficient internal-combustion engine is a continuing threat to our environment and quality of life. With the concern over global warming and rising fuel prices, people are looking for ways that they can make better transportation choices. The Cleaner Car Concourse (CCC) is a great opportunity to share alternative eco-friendly transportation options with thousands of San Diegans.

Who May Participate?

We restrict the show to vehicles that use alternative fuels (e.g., solar, electric or bio-fuels), or are highly energy-efficient (e.g., hybrids).

The CCC is open to all individuals, groups, organizations, schools, etc. that are not involved in selling and have no financial interest in the vehicle being displayed. There is no charge to participate in the Cleaner Car Concourse.”

I’ll look into this….

I registered my car… all day commitment, limited participation, 1st come basis

Last edited:
My new multi-coat red 85 baby will be arriving Friday (or sooner). I don't think I want to subject it to 65,000 X 2 greasy hands just yet :)

Cleaner Car Concourse At EarthFair

"San Diego EarthWorks invites individuals and non-commercial organizations to exhibit their energy-efficient and alternative-fuel vehicles at the 22nd annual EarthFair on Sunday, April 21, 2013 – the world’s largest free annual environmental fair and Earth Day celebration!

Our dependence on the inefficient internal-combustion engine is a continuing threat to our environment and quality of life. With the concern over global warming and rising fuel prices, people are looking for ways that they can make better transportation choices. The Cleaner Car Concourse (CCC) is a great opportunity to share alternative eco-friendly transportation options with thousands of San Diegans.

Who May Participate?

We restrict the show to vehicles that use alternative fuels (e.g., solar, electric or bio-fuels), or are highly energy-efficient (e.g., hybrids).

The CCC is open to all individuals, groups, organizations, schools, etc. that are not involved in selling and have no financial interest in the vehicle being displayed. There is no charge to participate in the Cleaner Car Concourse.”

I’ll look into this….

I registered my car… all day commitment, limited participation, 1st come basis

I'll join you guys at next SD meeting. My car has a projected 'born on date' of 5-6-12 and expected to be delivered a couple of weeks after that. In the mean time best thing I can do is dream. I got this Tesla bug so bad we stopped at Tejon Pass, Gilroy and Harris Ranch Supercharging stations last weekend. We had a hockey tournament at Stanford. Here's my daughter pretending to charge up our SUV at Harris Ranch.

New Image.JPG

I'll join you guys at next SD meeting. My car has a projected 'born on date' of 5-6-12 and expected to be delivered a couple of weeks after that. In the mean time best thing I can do is dream.

Be great to see you again! You can see the Horntones installed I was picking up when we bumped into each other.

David, thanks for doing this. I thought of it for quite a while but never pulled a SD club together.

Eric, SoCalGreenSpeed is great. SD is so far away we need our own group. Maybe we can be a sub-group of SCGS?

David,

I live nearby and would like to come to see your new Red baby on Sunday if you're still planning on that. I'll wear gloves too!
I don't have one on order yet but after seeing a blue gem in Beverly Hills last Sunday scooting silently from just in front of my Prius, I'm developing tesla-itis.
Hope you get some sleep after picking it up :)
Please post some pics including your Tesla smile/grin!

Guess it's better to call it a get-together, cause meetings are always stuffy events, and besides, we don't even have an agenda.
Just a chance to meet other Tesla owners and owners-to-be.

I'll join you guys at next SD meeting.

I hope that means this Sunday's meeting, because you never know if or when the "next" meeting will occur :)
On Sunday we MAY have a vehicle technician from the San Diego Tesla Service Center stop by, and we MAY also have a representative of the SDG&E Clean Transportation Department.
If you let me know your email address, I can add you to the group email list for further events [if any :)]

Eric, SoCalGreenSpeed is great. SD is so far away we need our own group. Maybe we can be a sub-group of SCGS?

I anticipated this mutiny :) so we are no long SoCalgreenSpeed encompassing all of the Southern California region Tesla Roadster owners. We are now TeslaClubLA.com and have a cool new logo.

TESLA LAClublogo9a.jpg

We already did a joint meetup with the SF group in Santa Barbara so Maybe we all meet at the TeslaClubOC clubhouse.