Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Tesla Club Meet Up #3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, hope you guys are having a good summer. Are you guys interested in getting together soon for another ride? I'd like to put together another meet up before the end of summer.

My original thought was the Napa Valley region and tour some wineries, however, it is unfortunate there's a huge fire up that way and even more for the people that live there, so I've come up with a second thought. (I was also thinking if you would like to donate canned food or items like batteries, pet food, I can collect them and drop a box off to the Sonoma County Fire Dept or Red Cross)

A ride up the coast on 101 to Point Reyes Lighthouse and onto Bodega Bay. I believe the coast is clear (pun intended) from the heavy smoke in the interior areas and if we get lucky, and there's no fog that would be even better. :) Here are two options that come to mind:

(1) We meet in San Francisco and then onwards across the Golden Gate Bridge (if you are already in Marin, we can meet you at the first stop off the GG Bridge at that tourist spot, I guess the official name is called Golden Gate Bridge View?)
and up the scenic roads hugging the coastline towards Stinson and on to Point Reyes Lighthouse and then Bodega Bay and circle back to the Petaluma Supercharger.

(2) Or we meet at the Petaluma SC and then roll through one of the smaller roads like Tomales Rd so we don't need to backtrack down the 101 and hit Point Reyes Lighthouse and then Bodega Bay and then circle back to the 101.

Do you guys have time to meet for this end of summer drive towards the end of August or early September?

Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts, suggestions.

Please post your availability here:

Doodle: SF Tesla Club Meet #3

Rich

If you can't view the map below, please go here: Road Map

Road Map.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Rich, Sounds good. Glad to participate. It is all about the date fitting into the schedule. I prefer a Saturday. Also keep in mind we have National Drive Electric week coming up mid-September. We can also discuss possible lunch stops along that route.
Once again, thanks for organizing!

Hi Guys, just wanted to make sure everyone from the last meet up and ones who couldn't make it got to seeing this. Hopefully you guys can make it.
@FlatSix911, @tontod, @TEG, @SMAlset, @bmah, @thecloud, @one5n1neSDoo, @apkom, @Mgallo, @chibi_kurochan

@Randy Spencer, sounds good!

@Blu Zap, I don't mind doing a Saturday.
the National Drive Electric Week event in the city is Sept 12, the one in Marin is Sept 15 at the Bon Air mall. I actually go there all the time to that Jamba Juice when I'm over in Marin. I have some ideas for lunch stops I'll post up once we figure out the group. I'll have name tags for everyone to write their username on so we won't get confused.

Let's get this together!

@Blu Zap, I don't mind doing a Saturday.
the National Drive Electric Week event in the city is Sept 12, the one in Marin is Sept 15 at the Bon Air mall.
Rich, I appreciate the Saturday schedule if we can do it. Join us at Bon Air for National Drive Electric week on 9/15. Many South Bay and other area National Drive Electric Week events are happening the next Sunday, 9/16. I'll be at the Palo Alto event supporting Acterra, an environmental group promoting EVs. Big week for EVs.
Looking forward to this get together. Glad to help as needed.
BTW I'll be at the NorCal Tesla owners meet up this Saturday 8/18 at Spann Vineyards in Kenwood. Check it out. Tickets are still available.
Upcoming Events

Perhaps if a few people have entered their availability we should just PICK a date and start letting people block it out in their calendar. I think the first potential weekend on the list is already upon us. I don't think any of the potential weekends were a holiday so any of them are as good as another. Perhaps the further out you choose the more likely people can move plans of their own so they can attend.

-Randy

@Randy Spencer, Hi, I extended the calendar to Saturday, October 13 so hopefully more people can sign up and sign up early. As before we will allow the majority to vote the date in. I'll land on whichever to break any ties.

@Blu Zap, thanks for the heads up on those events. I had to run errands and do stuff today so unable to go to Kenwood. I may go down to the one in the South Bay. What's the addy?

@thecloud, I've extended the calendar, take a look and pls select what works best.

@bmah, ok sounds good.

Hey folks. We had a great meet-up at Spann Vineyards in Kenwood, CA today. Hosted by the NorCal Reno TMC Tesla owners group. We talked about a lot of stuff and planning future events. I discussed this event and several owners are interested. Many Central Valley folks gladly made the drive and are interested in our event. As this event firms up, I'll make sure we get on their Facebook page and TMC events. It will be great to get Tesla owners from all around!

Reactions: bmah
Hi all: I'm making a call to host the Tesla group on Saturday, September 8. We will meet at the Chrissy Field Center 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129 at Chrissy Field (there is a large parking lot there, see photo below) and then drive across the Golden Gate Bridge. If you are in Marin, we will meet you at the Golden Gate Bridge View parking lot. See photo below. Let me know where you'll be.

Please post here if you can make it. Please charge at home or elsewhere before meeting we will hit up the supercharger in Petaluma at the end. SF to Point Reyes is 28.9 miles + 19.5 miles to Petaluma (+32.3 miles if we decide to go to Bodega Bay and 27.1 miles to Petaluma) so=48.4 miles from SF to Point Reyes to Petaluma or 107.8 miles if SF to Bodega Bay to Petaluma.

@FlatSix911, @tontod, @TEG, @SMAlset, @bmah, @thecloud, @one5n1neSDoo, @apkom, @Mgallo, @chibi_kurochan, @Randy Spencer, @Blu Zap, @bmah

Look forward to seeing you again.

Rich

Attachments

• Chrissy.JPG
    Chrissy.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 38
  • GG Bridge Lot.JPG
    GG Bridge Lot.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hi all: I'm making a call to host the Tesla group on Saturday, September 8. We will meet at the Chrissy Field Center 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129 at Chrissy Field (there is a large parking lot there, see photo below) and then drive across the Golden Gate Bridge. If you are in Marin, we will meet you at the Golden Gate Bridge View parking lot.

@mainecoon : Do you have times in mind for people to meet there?

I'll be in town for the weekends of the 8th and 15th, but unfortunately won't be able to devote an entire day to a drive. If the event could have a meetup component at Chrissy Field where folks hang out for an hour or so before the drive, I could definitely make that on the morning of the 8th. (Also interested in the National Drive Electric Week event in Palo Alto on the 16th. That's a 3-hour event, from 1-4 pm.)

I'll be in town for the weekends of the 8th and 15th, but unfortunately won't be able to devote an entire day to a drive. If the event could have a meetup component at Chrissy Field where folks hang out for an hour or so before the drive, I could definitely make that on the morning of the 8th. (Also interested in the National Drive Electric Week event in Palo Alto on the 16th. That's a 3-hour event, from 1-4 pm.)

@thecloud swing by around 9am at Chrissy Field at the Chrissy Field Center 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129

Hi all: I'm making a call to host the Tesla group on Saturday, September 8. We will meet at the Chrissy Field Center 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129 at Chrissy Field (there is a large parking lot there, see photo below) and then drive across the Golden Gate Bridge. If you are in Marin, we will meet you at the Golden Gate Bridge View parking lot. See photo below. Let me know where you'll be.

Please post here if you can make it. Please charge at home or elsewhere before meeting we will hit up the supercharger in Petaluma at the end. SF to Point Reyes is 28.9 miles + 19.5 miles to Petaluma (+32.3 miles if we decide to go to Bodega Bay and 27.1 miles to Petaluma) so=48.4 miles from SF to Point Reyes to Petaluma or 107.8 miles if SF to Bodega Bay to Petaluma.

@FlatSix911, @tontod, @TEG, @SMAlset, @bmah, @thecloud, @one5n1neSDoo, @apkom, @Mgallo, @chibi_kurochan, @Randy Spencer, @Blu Zap, @bmah

Look forward to seeing you again.

Rich
We have seen that Golden Gate view point be closed. Yesterday, it was buses only. The resulting traffic west of the bridge up the headlands was a little nuts. FYI

Hey @mainecoon thanks for organizing this once again. Joann and I are definitely in!

We will meet up with you in Marin.
We have seen that Golden Gate view point be closed. Yesterday, it was buses only. The resulting traffic west of the bridge up the headlands was a little nuts. FYI
As @e-FTW points out the Vista Point on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge is closed to traffic, except busses. Also, as a side note, the only way to that parking lot from Marin is to cross the bridge southbound and come back across to access Vista Point. So let's pick another convenient place in Marin.

I would also suggest doing a reverse of this loop in light of weekend traffic. Shoreline Highway (highway 1) has a lot of traffic from Mill Valley to Stinson Beach on a Saturday morning. Start at the Petaluma Supercharger and then heading south would put us against traffic on highway 1. This would put us in a good position to hit Bodega Bay. There are also a couple of good options to cross Marin back to 101 instead of highway 1 through Mill Valley.

Looking forward to it!