TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

San Jose Store on Santana Row

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by malcolm, Apr 13, 2011.

1. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

#1 malcolm, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. strider

strider Active Member

Hmm. Yeah, I'm about to head to the Santa Row (San Jose) store for an owner's event. I have to say I'm nervous about Tesla spending bundles of cash on a high-rent store right now when they have a perfectly good showroom 20 minutes away. I think they should have waited until Model S was nearly ready instead of wasting 1.5 years of high $$ rent.

3. SByer

SByer '08 #383

Just got back (kinda wished they had everyone have name tags!). The store is nice, friendly - it's an interesting spot. The new color assembly displays are a great, tactile way of checking out 'your Roadster'. The two configurator displays right there let you swipe when done (big forty-x inch touch displays) and send the configured view to the huge plasma display at the front podium - very cool and slightly exhibitionist.

I got the biggest kick out of how one of the employees very quickly assembled the colors she had clearly very well considered. It is a car that kinda gets under your skin in that way, doesn't it?

Oh, and having Santana Row lined with a lot of Roadsters - all cleaned up as far as I could tell (my back is still a little sore from this weekend) - was very, very cool.

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Thanks for the update - I couldn't make it tonight, but will probably be out for dinner at Santana Row this Saturday evening & will drop in to see the new store.

5. strider

strider Active Member

Yep, I do wish they had given out name tags - I haven't met anyone from here in person yet.

The store is nice and I understand they're trying to build brand awareness but IMO I think most people that stop in and see the only offering is a car that only the top 1% of people can afford will put them off. If Tesla waited until Model S was here they'd have an offering to show that would be attainable for a lot more people.

6. 3lectronica

3lectronica Member

to each their own. I kept visiting this jewelry store at my local mall to look at a Bell & Ross watch that I always wanted. One day, I finally bought it. The same will happen with a Roadster or two. Can't imagine what it will be like with Model S... they will be selling several per day!

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

8. goyogi

goyogi Member

I never noticed but the Santana Row store has a Volta casting above the store. Quite lucky!
    tesla-store.JPG

9. goyogi

goyogi Member

Sorry for the small picture but you can see it much better on google maps street view.

10. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

11. goyogi

goyogi Member

Correct, Alessandro Volta. Notice the bolts of electricity.
    tesla-store.JPG