Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sat nav thinks I'm off in the sea somewhere

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the X in a week ago to g t a few things fixed lost delivery, since I picked it back up the sat nav hasn't really worked... it kind of works but thinks I'm 20km or so away from where I am actually at the time. I tried resetting the screen and still no dice... anyone else have the same problem? I'm wondering whether they can fix it over the air or whether I need to go back in and get them to fix. Thanks!!

Took the X in a week ago to g t a few things fixed lost delivery, since I picked it back up the sat nav hasn't really worked... it kind of works but thinks I'm 20km or so away from where I am actually at the time. I tried resetting the screen and still no dice... anyone else have the same problem? I'm wondering whether they can fix it over the air or whether I need to go back in and get them to fix. Thanks!!
I had the same problem when I got the car back from SC. It took a few days but it worked again after a few drives.

if resetting the screen doesn't work, maybe try a full reset of the car by restarting it? if you go into the driver control page, there is a section that let you fiddle with the parking brake and turning the car off - if you can turn it off and then wait like 10 seconds before turning back on, it may get everything reset.

other than that you may need to get it serviced.

I called customer support and the next day they called me back and said fixed which it was... he said it needed to connect again with the satellite... I couldn't figure out if he did something, if it connected after I used the super charger or just fixed itself after time...

I called customer support and the next day they called me back and said fixed which it was... he said it needed to connect again with the satellite... I couldn't figure out if he did something, if it connected after I used the super charger or just fixed itself after time...

Maybe GPS cold start? Car needs to be out in the open (clear view of the sky) and not moving, for a few minutes (10 minutes, worst case that I have seen). If you are moving, or don't have clear view of sky, then it can take a longer to recover from a cold start. No chance at all indoors.

I sent my tesla back for help and they told me that we just need to keep driving and let the system learn by itself, which isn't making much sense to me....Anyways, the GPS is back to normal after I plug the car into the charger.