Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Save the Date - Gigafactory Party July 29th in Reno

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a preferred hotel for the event ?

Congratulations on winning tickets to the upcoming Gigafactory Grand Opening! We appreciate your support and participation in the Referral Program.

We are excited to announce that the Gigafactory Grand Opening event will take place on the evening of Friday, July 29th at our facility outside Reno, Nevada. For your travel coordination, the closest airport to the event is Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) and we have included a list of nearby hotels below. As a reminder, you are permitted to bring one guest to the Grand Opening.

An official invitation will be emailed to you in a few weeks. In the interim, please direct all questions to [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you there!

With warm regards,
The Tesla Team

Preferred Hotel:
Whitney Peak
(Book before July 1st to receive a reduced Tesla rate)
Click here to reserve

Other Suggested Hotels:
Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Reno
Residence Inn Reno
Courtyard Reno

Congratulations on winning tickets to the upcoming Gigafactory Grand Opening! We appreciate your support and participation in the Referral Program.

We are excited to announce that the Gigafactory Grand Opening event will take place on the evening of Friday, July 29th at our facility outside Reno, Nevada. For your travel coordination, the closest airport to the event is Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) and we have included a list of nearby hotels below. As a reminder, you are permitted to bring one guest to the Grand Opening.

An official invitation will be emailed to you in a few weeks. In the interim, please direct all questions to [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you there!

With warm regards,
The Tesla Team

Preferred Hotel:
Whitney Peak
(Book before July 1st to receive a reduced Tesla rate)
Click here to reserve

Other Suggested Hotels:
Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Reno
Residence Inn Reno
Courtyard Reno

Thanks Reeler and DrivingTheFuture. booked at Whitney Peak.

Last edited:
I only received the save the date a while back. It said two spots, but I had 4 at the time. I emailed back for clarification and received no response.

With 5 referrals this time, I should have a total of 6. It would be nice for Tesla to actually confirm that, but I am guessing they will not with their horrible communication habits.

I will show up with 4 confirmed now, and maybe 6 and hope they let us in.

I won 2 tickets in each of the three referral programs. I count six now.

Me too, but each prize is "for you and one guest" and they are not transferable. You get to claim just one of the three awards (two invites) since you are not allowed to transfer the other four. Read the rules, which, ironically, you posted yourself right here: Tesla Referral Program

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Me too, but each prize is "for you and one guest" and they are not transferable. You get to claim just one of the three awards (two invites) since you are not allowed to transfer the other four. Read the rules, which, ironically, you posted yourself right here: Tesla Referral Program

That is one way to read it. So maybe I have me and three guests if I just enter three times. Sorry, I think the fair way to think about it would be me plus 5 guests. No one will ever know because our referrals are welcome, but our questions are not. Tesla is the worst at communication.

That is one way to read it. So maybe I have me and three guests if I just enter three times. Sorry, I think the fair way to think about it would be me plus 5 guests. No one will ever know because our referrals are welcome, but our questions are not. Tesla is the worst at communication.

Look at it this way. All three referral prizes (six invites) are on your single MyTesla account with one email address. Tesla's not stupid. Just like they did for the Model 3 reveal party and we discussed earlier in this thread -- they're going to send you ONE invite confirmation email, where you can confirm you are attending and put down the number of TOTAL guests (one or two, including you). It's not going to give you the option to say 0,1,2,3,4 or 5 guests because you won the same prize three times. You'll know this in advance of the GF opening, and if you do bring 4 other people, I would strongly suggest you set their expectations NOT to get in, and if they do, it's an unexpected bonus.

But I'm actually with you, if I could bring 5 other people, it would be fantastic for everyone, and I hope that ends up being the case. But I know that's just not a realistic thing to expect.

That being said, I've booked my trip for TMC Connect and my +1 GF invite is available, so PM me if you're interested in making a contribution to my trip expense fund. ;)

If I was Tesla and setting the contest rules, I'd say if you win tickets multiple times, you get to go and you get a +1 for each time you win - so Reeler would get to take 3 guests. But I'm not Tesla, and they're not talking yet. Bummer. They make planning hard.

I got to four referrals, so I assume I will be getting a pair of tickets. (Sorry, assuming I get them, +1 is already taken). Of course Tesla probably won't confirm until 2 weeks after the referral period ends, which puts us right at...July 29. OK, fine. I am planning a route to drive, and I booked a hotel, and I booked tickets for TMC Connect and Party at Picnic Creek just for fun. Even if I don't get the Gigafactory tickets for some reason, I will have something to do.

Supposedly Tesla will include transportation "from Reno". I am hoping for a little more clarity on that point, but not expecting it until the last minute. It would also be nice to know what time the event is! I hope it's in the evening so it doesn't interfere with TMC Connect.

Reactions: HankLloydRight