TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Saw 3 model S refreshed colors in Nashville dealership...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by xrayvsn, May 16, 2016.

1. xrayvsn

xrayvsn Member

Well I was a skeptic when I saw images of the new model S online but I have to admit in person they looked really impressive. There were 3 colors in the showroom (multicoat red, Grey and black). Of all of them I thought the black looked the best with the new look. I also got to compare the standard center console compared to the one I bought as an accessory and even the new console was designed better (like how the top slides much more smoothly). The frunk was substantially smaller (but since I have used the frunk a total of 0 times in my car don't think it would have been a deal killer). And the dark ash interior wood trim which I believe comes standard really is beautiful in person, I think it trumps the piano black it replaces bc it has subtle accents of wood grain you can see). . All in all I have to admit that although it loses the 'here comes a tesla" type look you can spot a mile away with the old look, it really makes the model s appear way more classy

Attached Files:

• Like x 7
    • Helpful x 1
  2. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

Spiffy! Nice photos. I think that look has more to do with the trained eye of the observer and less to do with what the car actually looks like ... it'll come in time. :)

• Like x 1
  3. travwill

travwill Member

Yeah at first glance of your photos I was like "that blue one looks nice" and then realized its the one with the nosecone. Still a great looking car, old style or new - both are unique.

• Like x 2
  4. Tellotes

Tellotes Member

Finally a black model S! Haven't seen a pic yet. Mine will be here end of the month Obsidian Black. Looks the best in comparison. Wish you had more pics!

5. xrayvsn

xrayvsn Member

Ask and you shall receive. Lol. These are the remainder of all the pics I took

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
  6. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

Yeah, for sure the radar isn't in the middle anymore. If they just raised it to get the radar out of view behind the nose cone, it would be behind the license plate. I wonder where exactly it is now?

7. Topdown

Topdown Member

Thanks for posting these. The change is an interesting one for sure.

When I was last at the factory they were striving to have a high inventory of parts so they could meet build targets.
    I wonder how many of the previous style parts they had on hand when they made the switch? Hoods, bumpers, etc...

I guess they can use them as replacement for existing cars.

8. cbin97

cbin97 Member

I love the new front. Love it. Hate that license plate holder though, I wouldn't even leave delivery with that thing on. Ruins it.

9. Tellotes

Tellotes Member

Hell yea!!! Nice shots.

10. xrayvsn

xrayvsn Member

According to the salesman I was talking to there, they said that the front license plate holder can be removed and not leave any holes. I'm not sure exactly how it is attached then but it is good to know

11. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

There are two bolts underneath the lip and then there is high bond automotive tape behind the vertical part. Couple of threads around here somewhere and I recall seeing a video on YouTube as well. The two bolts are not a common head type though so will take some creative methods to remove easily.

• Informative x 1
  12. djinn1

djinn1 Member

Nice pics. Have yet to see in person but I am liking the new moustache-y refresh - all except the rims. Those slipstreams just still seem thick and .. 'Heavy". Especially compared to the minimalist paired 2 spoke rims on my 2013 P85.

But to spend $2500 for the Cyclones ... Which look so asymmetric...

Will take a look in person and maybe I will be a believer. :)