Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scary af driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes and yes. I'm doing it correctly. When it's in the middle lane, it's more reliable. But in the left lane, you better be really f-ing attentive because it'll do some really stupid stuff that could get me killed.

i agree with you on this point. I have AP only and I don’t activate it in the left most or right most lanes. I only use it in the middle lanes. In the left or right most lanes it tracks too close to the wall or the edge. I am uneasy about using it in these lanes.

Have you set up TeslaCam yet? Then you can capture video from multiple cameras and see just how uncentered the car is. As described earlier in this conversation, you need a high speed device to plug into one of the front USB ports. Personally, I use a micro SD card designed for dash cameras. I tried a thumb drive, but, because of the constant writing, it didn’t last long.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I would just have Tesla look at it. People on here are a bunch of apologists. The minimum the car should do is keeping itself centered in its lane at speed and during curves. If it can't do that, it can't be called FSD. Even my base EAD can keep itself centered. The first day I drove on the highway, my car was able to drive centered.

However, for some reason, on 2 lane roads, the car loves to to hug the center divider lane a little too close for me.

Last edited:
yo beachy,

do you know any other cats locally with a model 3 or other tesla? if you dont and you want to meet up and compare notes on these cars, holla at me.

i saw one other cat on here a couple months ago who posted similar issues in that the car would not stay in the center and would hug the left line a bit. not sure what he did to fix it or if it was ever corrected, but I wanted to say there may be some other forum members here who have experienced similar.

anyway, seems like you have an appointment with a ranger. just chill on using FSD until they have had a chance to smoke it over.

if you feel like it, you can reboot the MCU and see if that may help or do a full power off of the car. this involves sitting in the driver's seat, all doors and windows closed. press the OFF button on the screen in the settings (i forget which screen its on) and sitting there patientlyyyyyyyyy for about 3 minutes - dont touch anything, dont press the brakes/accelerator, dont pass go dont collect 200 dollas. just sit there like your wife put you in timeout to think about your actions.. :p

then after 3 minutes press the brake pedal to wake that joker up and see if that may help. it may not, but its free and worth 5 minutes of your time...

keep the class posted mate!

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin