Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

scenic drives with FSD or autopilot - good websites? hacks to rapidly add a specific route with stops/waypoints?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on some scenic drives as I like scenic drives as long as I'm not having to drive.

To ensure the Tesla follows a scenic route and not the shortest/fastest route, I think I will have to manually add stops / waypoints for each scenic segment.

1. Any shortcut or hack to plan out a scenic drive on Google Maps on my computer, and save or transfer the route with all stops / waypoints to the Tesla guidance?

2. What are good apps / websites for scenic drives in USA, Canada, and also the UK and Europe when I travel? (if I can rent a Tesla where available/affordable)

Check out these:
Welcome to Roadtrippers - lets you find places within X miles of the road along your route
Find a scenic drive or plan a road trip with myscenicdrives.com - many examples and lets you set distance/day or hours/day to suggest locations to stop

Thank you. I also just found this app which is free and seems to have some European routes too:

Looks like with any of these you have to manually "re-create" the route by adding destination stops within Tesla's navigation, to have autopilot / FSD navigate the drive.

Reactions: scottf200
Looks like with any of these you have to manually "re-create" the route by adding destination stops within Tesla's navigation, to have autopilot / FSD navigate the drive.
Correct. I only put my daily end destination in when I'm on a multi-day road trip anyway so it is no big deal for me.
I add waypoints for any side trips.

BTW, the phone app (Android in my case) allows for trip planning and waypoints now but when you send it to the car, it only sends the endpoint. I just tested it a minute ago with one waypoint in my phone app and it only sent the final endpoint.

Thank you. I also just found this app which is free and seems to have some European routes too:

That one is novel. Let's you pick country, hills, forest, and [near] water roads.

k9Jd5ff.jpg

Correct. I only put my daily end destination in when I'm on a multi-day road trip anyway so it is no big deal for me.
I add waypoints for any side trips.

BTW, the phone app (Android in my case) allows for trip planning and waypoints now but when you send it to the car, it only sends the endpoint. I just tested it a minute ago with one waypoint in my phone app and it only sent the final endpoint.

I had a different experience recently, where the app would allow setting up to 4-ish waypoints, and it'd send that to the car. I think a certain combination of mobile app and car software (maybe the 2023 Holiday Update) is needed for this functionality.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I had a different experience recently, where the app would allow setting up to 4-ish waypoints, and it'd send that to the car. I think a certain combination of mobile app and car software (maybe the 2023 Holiday Update) is needed for this functionality. Bruce.
Interesting. I just tested sending from the app to my car with 1 waypoint and it now works for me. ('17 X: 2023.44.30.6 and Android app: 4.28.1-2149)

Reactions: bmah