Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our car in due to be delivered in the new year. By then we will be on the Octopus GO tariff that has a four hour window at night of 5p kw. I know that the M3 can be scheduled to start a charge to fit that start time, but now I notice that it also has a departure time. Can I charge in that four hour window only then again set a departure time for the afternoon to pre warm the battery and cabin without it charging the whole time?

From what I've seen, no. The scheduled start/end features are tied to a location and you can either choose one or the other. That said, you could try using TeslaFi (for example) to schedule charging start & stop (when at home with charger connected) during the Octopus GO off-peak times and leave the preconditioning to your car -- not tried this so YMMV.

From what I've seen, no. The scheduled start/end features are tied to a location and you can either choose one or the other. That said, you could try using TeslaFi (for example) to schedule charging start & stop (when at home with charger connected) during the Octopus GO off-peak times and leave the preconditioning to your car -- not tried this so YMMV.
Isn't there a subscription to pay with TeslaFi ?

Our car in due to be delivered in the new year. By then we will be on the Octopus GO tariff that has a four hour window at night of 5p kw. I know that the M3 can be scheduled to start a charge to fit that start time, but now I notice that it also has a departure time. Can I charge in that four hour window only then again set a departure time for the afternoon to pre warm the battery and cabin without it charging the whole time?

You would have to set the night time charging to start at 00:30 and then manually start the departure warmup (as the software works at present) using the phone app. It's not really much of a problem but it would be nice to have that automated. As I don't leave at fixed times automation would be a problem for me anyway but it does seem odd that we can't do it without 3rd party apps.

Isn't there a subscription to pay with TeslaFi ?
There is, I only mentioned it as it's the only one I'm familiar with: you might be able to use something else to do the same thing. TeslaFi have a free 14 day trial on offer and you can extend it to a month with a referral code. Or, if you're so inclined, dive into the API and hack something together yourself.

There's also another thread about the same thing that might be of interest: Scheduled Departure

• Helpful
Reactions: Trevor EV