TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Scheduled for upgrade.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by trident, Nov 4, 2019.

1. trident

trident Member

Submitted a service request " When can I expect upgrade to HW3?" Received a computer generated response for in home on November 10. Today, received that I will need to bring the vehicle in on the 18th to the service center as the in home means is not sufficient for the upgrade. Vehicle is a 2019 S75D FSD.

• Like x 2
  2. SlyWombat

SlyWombat Member

Usually the service center will follow up with a human after the computer generated one, and say, sorry, we don't have the details on how to do that yet. It might take a day for them to reply. I have tried as well :)

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. trident

trident Member

"Hi, this is Tesla. It appears yours arrived at the service center". Then it goes on about scheduling for install at the service center. Just have to wait and see what happens or doesn't happen.

4. trident

trident Member

At 4:35 PM, just received the paper work for install on the 18th. "Full self driving retrofit", "autopilot ECU 3.0".

• Like x 1
  5. croman

croman Active Member

Can you share the service information?

6. trident

trident Member

Nothing more than a Service Estimate, authorization for repair and parts; ECU.3.0 and four Hex-nuts. It shows customer pre-paid. Total amount 00.00 I don't even know what this will do for me until sometime this decade the software is available. I must have really pissed someone off when I took it down for a service appt. then told "oh, you don't have an appt". This time paperwork and appt. by Text, email and follow up email and text.

7. trident

trident Member

Noticed on the Service Estimate "Replacement Group 1". Any one know if ECU.3.0 adds anything currently or is it a down the road thing?

8. kcseay

kcseay Member

Anyone else outside of Texas getting this upgrade?

9. joefee

joefee Active Member