Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scissor car jack with jackpads need help? Model LR 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to rotate two tyres with two Scissor jack (it says 2976 LB) with two jackpads.

Will that word or would that damage the car(unloaded everything from car)? See the attached photos

Attachments

• 20221217_132246.jpg
    20221217_132246.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 20221217_132318.jpg
    20221217_132318.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20221217_132346.jpg
    20221217_132346.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 51
That is dangerous man. Go get a proper jack, pref 3 or 4 ton. Lift it from the rear jack point and you can lift both wheels at the same time. There are threads on this btw. What would happen, worse case possibly denting/puncturing your battery if the scissor slides off the puck...

Reactions: JonB65 and JVINFL
What these guys said... Scissor jacks are very vulnerable from weight shifting. It can cause the jack to fold/collapse. Floor/hydraulic jack is more stable in this case. Still prone to hydraulic failure, but that is not related to movement of the jack.

Thanks for the advice guys. That helps. And one more question. Planning to rotate front passenger side and rear driver side tyres (cross) but you suggesting to lift up rear first then front side using 3/4 ton hydroloics?

What does the tread depth gauge show? If less than 2/32nd of an inch difference (front to rear) Tesla recommends waiting until the difference is greater than 2/32nd. The Tesla Model Y automatically detects excessive rotational difference between the front and rear tires. The Tesla Model Y will display a notice on the Tesla screen when it is time to rotate the tires. Tesla recommends rotating front to rear, not crossing over. You can rotate left to right for the staggered width tires that come as OE on the Performance Model Y. Tesla Mobile Service will rotate your tires for $65.

• Informative
Reactions: JonB65
I am looking a 3 ton Pittburgh floor jack at Harbor Freight, price is 139.99$. with coupon, the price is 109.99$.
The lowest point is 3-1/4 inch. If the car does not have enough clearance, a small ramp can help to raise the car up a few inch so the jack can be slided in. I think the ramp is a good idea as searching for a floor jack that fits the Tesla M3 is quite challenging.

I am looking a 3 ton Pittburgh floor jack at Harbor Freight, price is 139.99$. with coupon, the price is 109.99$.
The lowest point is 3-1/4 inch. If the car does not have enough clearance, a small ramp can help to raise the car up a few inch so the jack can be slided in. I think the ramp is a good idea as searching for a floor jack that fits the Tesla M3 is quite challenging.
My other cars are too low for my floor jack. I dont bother with ramps, I just back the car onto a scrap piece of wood, then put the jack under the car. I have some blocks that I made many moons ago, that have served this purpose well.