Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scotland: Energy Saving Trust loan limit is dropping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my EST loan payment confirmation email yesterday (just after my original planned collection date), says it should arrive in my account within 5 working days... just as well I delayed collection of the car to mid December.

Qq, what’s the eligibility criteria like. A colleague of mine moved to Aberdeen last week and I’m due to make the move after Christmas. I’ve got a tenancy agreement sorted. Would I be eligible?

I have no idea if there is a minimum residency in Scotland required - we've been here years. Best ring them up and ask.

The application does ask monthly income post tax, and monthly outgoings - but I was not asked for anything like bank statements for proof of outgoings. Just NI number and last three payslips I think, hard to double check as I don't seem to have received an electronic copy of what I put in the online application.

I have no idea if there is a minimum residency in Scotland required - we've been here years. Best ring them up and ask.

The application does ask monthly income post tax, and monthly outgoings - but I was not asked for anything like bank statements for proof of outgoings. Just NI number and last three payslips I think, hard to double check as I don't seem to have received an electronic copy of what I put in the online application.

From what I remember they only asked for my monthly incoming and outgoings, didn't ask me for any employment information or even any proof of my income.

Sent my invoice off on Monday hopefully won't me too long.

When did you send EST your invoice from Tesla?

My mistake. Must go off your NI data then for evidence of income via tax records?

Sent my invoice 11 Nov. EST asked for invoice on 19 Nov, replied was the copy already sent fine? They replied 20 Nov saying, oops - invoice received - and they would check with Tesla. Phone verification attempted 23 Nov, phone verification done 24 Nov. 26 Nov, got email saying funds coming soon.

My mistake. Must go off your NI data then for evidence of income via tax records?

Sent my invoice 11 Nov. EST asked for invoice on 19 Nov, replied was the copy already sent fine? They replied 20 Nov saying, oops - invoice received - and they would check with Tesla. Phone verification attempted 23 Nov, phone verification done 24 Nov. 26 Nov, got email saying funds coming soon.

Yeah it must be something like that, have to say I was surprised at the lack of proof they asked for.

Thanks for the timeline, gives me some hope of getting my car before then end of the year.

So I got confirmation of my EST loan 2 weeks ago, with a deadline for submitting the documentation of last Friday - I had sent all but the final invoice that I was waiting on.

Gave up waiting and phoned this afternoon and within the hour received an email with notification that the final invoice is in my account so have now forwarded that on to the EST to hopefully meet up with the rest of the documents.

I'm due to collect 2 weeks on Friday so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here on in.

So I got confirmation of my EST loan 2 weeks ago, with a deadline for submitting the documentation of last Friday - I had sent all but the final invoice that I was waiting on.

Gave up waiting and phoned this afternoon and within the hour received an email with notification that the final invoice is in my account so have now forwarded that on to the EST to hopefully meet up with the rest of the documents.

I'm due to collect 2 weeks on Friday so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here on in.

Very similar experience - asking when the final invoice might be available seemed to nudge them into making it happen. I wonder if they have some flexibility, and understnad that it is on the critical path for those of us applying for an EST loan?

Finally got an email from them yesterday saying the loan was approved. Now waiting for it to appear in my bank acocunt so I can forward it to Tesla.

Not counting any chickens given Glovis Crystal's dawdling in the Atlantic - but supposed to pick up Wednesday 16th :)

How accommodating have people found Tesla to be about pushing back collection due to the loan? was due to collect on the 7th but pushed back to the 15th as my invoice took a while to be confirmed, was told could only push back 7 days max but not sure I will have the money to pay before the 15th. Hoping they understand and will push it back again to the 21st

I pushed mine back from late Nov to mid Dec no problem (collection was awkward with lockdown and tight with EST application), right call as the loan payment would not have been in time.

However, we’re at the end of a financial year quarter now, so they’re likely under pressure to get the sale in this month...

Very similar experience - asking when the final invoice might be available seemed to nudge them into making it happen. I wonder if they have some flexibility, and understnad that it is on the critical path for those of us applying for an EST loan?

Finally got an email from them yesterday saying the loan was approved. Now waiting for it to appear in my bank acocunt so I can forward it to Tesla.

Not counting any chickens given Glovis Crystal's dawdling in the Atlantic - but supposed to pick up Wednesday 16th :)

They must have been on a roll of authorisations yesterday - I got an email last night to say the money should be with me in 5 days.

Not sure why it takes 5 days right enough given instant transfers but it is free money so I'll not complain too much.

Looks like as others have pointed out, this scheme is being reviewed (at the least!). This is what shows on the EST applications site:

Loan Scheme Closed​

Thank you for your interest in the Low Carbon Transport Loan. Unfortunately, the loan is now closed to new applicants. Energy Saving Trust are funded annually by Transport Scotland with new terms and criteria agreed each year. Subject to new funding, the loan is likely to reopen in April 2021 with new terms and conditions. If you would like to be contacted with any updates relating to the loan in April, please call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 and ask to register you interest. Kindly note that to qualify for funding you must not purchase your vehicle prior to a loan offer being made.

Please note if you have already submitted your application we will still aim to process this, subject to available funding

Yep unless they change the program then by default Teslas are no longer included.

The purchased electric vehicle, motorcycle or scooter should be the only plug-in vehicle owned by the applicant and must be eligible for the ‘Plug-in grant’ funded by the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV). This means that cars with a purchase value above £50,000 and plug in hybrid models are not eligible for the loan. A full list of eligible models can be found here.