Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scottish Power Charger (Wallbox Pulsar Plus)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered this over the weekend for 359, not sure its the plus version, the standard I think. Great price fitted, got sick of local OLEV electricians letting me down, not sure about cable unlocking, assumed it would be compatible being type 2,

So what steps have to be taken to manually unlock the charge point, the App? Want to make sure I can charge the car with this EV Charger, collecting model 3 next week.

There's no problem charging with that charge point (or any other Type 2). All non-Tesla charge points are in much the same boat. The issue people refer to is that at the end of a charge session when you go to the car you have to tap the screen in the car to release the cable. Alternatively you can click a button on the app. The Tesla charge cables have a button so you don't need to do either of those things you just press the button on the cable handle. It's a bit of extra convenience.

There's no problem charging with that charge point (or any other Type 2). All non-Tesla charge points are in much the same boat. The issue people refer to is that at the end of a charge session when you go to the car you have to tap the screen in the car to release the cable. Alternatively you can click a button on the app. The Tesla charge cables have a button so you don't need to do either of those things you just press the button on the cable handle. It's a bit of extra convenience.
Thanks pleased about that as just got a quote from a local OLEV installation company 997 plus VAT, for a Rolec, think I'll stick with the Scottish Power 359 inc VAT (I can also claim that back) :)

Reactions: Adopado and Roy W.