Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratches around door handle from normal use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My three year old M3 has got minor scratches around the door handles, and elsewhere, which seems unusual as I've never noticed this happen on previous cars. I know Tesla doesn't have best reputation for paint quality. Is this a common thing and/or covered by warranty does anyone know?

Cheers.
20230824_142020.jpg

My three year old M3 has got minor scratches around the door handles, and elsewhere, which seems unusual as I've never noticed this happen on previous cars. I know Tesla doesn't have best reputation for paint quality. Is this a common thing and/or covered by warranty does anyone know?

Cheers.
Most likely not covered under warranty as this appears to be normal wear and tear, but depending on how busy they are, the SC may be willing help you buff it out as a goodwill service. Looks like very minor scratches. Or if you want to do DIY, wax can probably hide it really well, or a repair product like ScratchX.

As others mentioned, the same thing likely is on your other cars, just that it is in the handles, while for the Model 3, the way you use the handles put the scratches on the bodywork.

Reactions: Swordtail