Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Blacked Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I've had this a few times now and whilst it doesn't faze me it might when my wife is driving alone.

A number of times (maybe 5-6) when I open the MYLR with my iPhone the screen remains black and nothing wakes it up. I then do a reset and it comes back to life but my question is, is this a common issue or is it something I should seek service call for? Thanks all.

You could try the wheel change reset. Go into service and select a different wheel type, when you press confirm the car goes through a deep restart. You will need to do it twice, once to select a different wheel and a second time to return to your correct wheel type. Whenever I get wierd glitches, this reset procedure sorts the problem for the most time.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've had this a few times now and whilst it doesn't faze me it might when my wife is driving alone.

A number of times (maybe 5-6) when I open the MYLR with my iPhone the screen remains black and nothing wakes it up. I then do a reset and it comes back to life but my question is, is this a common issue or is it something I should seek service call for? Thanks all.

known issue
for me 2023.26.1 software update resolved the issue

Reactions: Power Hungry

I have a 2019 Model S. Mine has done that twice now in the past 3 months, but never before then.

I just had a black screen occurrence. We went into a store and when we came out, the MYLR let us in but everything was black. I kept trying things and finally, I don't think it had anything to do with what I had done, the T showed up the screen and everything came back. My question is how do you do a reset when you have a black screen? Do you just hold both scroll buttons until you see the T?

I just had a black screen occurrence. We went into a store and when we came out, the MYLR let us in but everything was black. I kept trying things and finally, I don't think it had anything to do with what I had done, the T showed up the screen and everything came back. My question is how do you do a reset when you have a black screen? Do you just hold both scroll buttons until you see the T?

Yes
If you didn't perform the reset it sounds like the computer had an issue and restarted