Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screw in tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appear to have gotten a screw in my rear driver's side tire. Not sure how.

Do I pull it out? Or take it to a tire shop to have it removed safely? If I take it to a shop, is it good to drive there? PSI in the tire seems fine currently.

I'm worried that if I just pull it out it'll go flat and I'll need to get it towed to a tire place. I have the spray-and-inflate, but it's the original bottle from 2008, so who knows if that's good still...

Thanks,
-Larry

Attachments

• PXL_20220629_234845265.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220629_234845265.MP.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 105
  • PXL_20220629_234849830.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220629_234849830.MP.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 39
If you pull it out, yes it will go flat. its in a place that's totally repairable. ask the tire shop to jack the car up as most tire places use 2 post lifts and while its unlikely it will drop off the rear it could happen. personally i would remove the wheel, take it to a tire place to get patched and put it on myself. You also avoid the tesla tax that way to.

Reactions: eHorses
+1 on the tire shop, and let them deal with the screw.

If you drive the car to the shop, emphasize to the person who is actually doing the repair that improperly jacking the car up can total it. Show them where the jack point is (not just describing it). Make them NOT use the air gun for either removing or attaching the wheel if you have the original locking nuts. The keys are made from pot metal and will fail under the stress of an air gun.

• Informative
Reactions: eHorses