Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seats / Color Combinations

Interior in NYC/NJ metro area: Textile/black or White or Cream interior?

• White

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Cream

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Textile/black

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just ordered my model S and am having second thoughts about interior seat and color combo choices. Here are the priorities:

1. Car exterior will be Blue. Am in north NJ where we get it cold in winter and real HOT in summer. Previous cars (non-E) have always had leather seats, cream. A bit sweaty in summer, but better than black, or so I think....

2. First I thought the cream was automatic - but this is not leather I think? If synthetic, how does it hold up?

3. The combination of cream with the figured ash wood decor is one I hate - it looks so old-fashioned. I could pay $250 more for the carbon option...

4. What about the bright-white? I do like very much like the dark (i.e. not the "figured"/brown) ash wood decor, and the contrast it makes. Are there issues with ink from jeans, etc? Also, this is not leather I think? If synthetic, how does it hold up? The white might go well with my blue exterior...

5. What about floor-mats? With cream or white, are they matching, and likely to show the dirt? I play soccer every week ;(

6. I never thought I would consider saving the $3,300 and going with the "textile" in black of all colors - yes some say this is miles superior to generic "cloth" and perhaps the most durable choice? How does the textile feel on a hot summer's day? Does it come with some kind of air-flow, like in comparable luxury cars? Does it clean as easily as leather? Once again I do like the dark ash wood decor.

Thanks from a first-time poster for any help ;)

I did not realise a major difference between cream and white - the cream comes with cream headliner and mats, whereas in the white these are black.

The black textile saves $3,300 but then you have an all-dark interior. My choice is between this and the white.... what to do?

If I choose the textile, what is the beloved exterior color?

My wife just took delivery of her MS 75D in Dec 2017 so I can't really speak to how it is in the summer yet. We also got the blue exterior color. She (and I) both thought the $3K for the upgraded interior was simply not worth it. She and I both had leather in our cars before this and think she made the right decision not to spend the extra money. The textile interior is very comfortable and looks tight. I also expect it to be very durable (but obviously can't really speak on that yet).

Reactions: DIL
Depends on who u r hauling. The white is bright. But guy told me it was hard to keep white.
Mine is black. I have a white Great Pyrenees . His hair covers my interior.
I saw an X with little kids. Omg, it was covered with toys, food, etc.

No kids here, so is the white really that suspect as a source of showing its age over time?

I too am really tempted to keep the $3,300, but the all-black interior is so dark, so aggressive, almost menacing to some tastes? I trust the textile, but not so much this all-dark decor - does anyone?

If buying a $100k car, I want to do the right thing, and the contrast between the white seats and the dark headliner and mats seems something special - if two things, that the vegan is tolerable in the heat of summer, and the white stays white over time?

My first post on this site --

Our new Model S 75D is scheduled to arrive this week. It is blue with white interior. My wife and I are excited. Since I will be the primary driver, we chose the colors of all my schools; elementary, junior high, high school, college, community college, and graduate school. The Model S we test drove also had white interior, and it had a coffee spill in the back seat. It cleaned up easily. Our other car, a Prius Prime, has Moonstone interior, almost white, which is also a synthetic leather substitute. After 10 months of ownership, the whiteness of the seats is the same as the day we took delivery. We have no kids or pets. We're hoping the Tesla's white interior will age well.