TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Second Reveal Date

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Bennny, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Bennny

Bennny Member

Has there been any additional hints as to when this might be, other than "closer to launch date"?

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Nope, not yet.

• Like x 1
  3. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

Not even a hint. Hmmmm What are we going to do for the next year or so?

Maybe I'll take up painting.

• Funny x 2
  4. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Wish we had some more info but nope. It seems that Elon has been relatively quiet lately regarding the 3 in general.

5. Garlan Garner

You are absolutely correct. He's still tweeting, but not about Tesla.

6. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

It would be great if it was this year but I'm doubtful. Perhaps close to the initial Chevy Bolt deliveries but I'll put my guess in for February.

• Like x 1
  7. Mkorpal

Mkorpal Member

I thought I heard something about before the end of the year, but I don't have a source.

8. Thierry

Thierry Member

I read the same information: end of the year (2016). Unofficial of course...

• Like x 1
  9. Colsla

Colsla Member

Elon said it will be an obvious thing. We don't technically know if its about Model 3... he said those words in Code Conference.

watch 39:40 for about 1 min or so..

10. Garlan Garner

Although I am an avid fan of Elon M......if he said something more than a month ago...I can' hang my hat on it. Its sad, but its historical.

• Dislike x 1
  11. 182RG

182RG Free The Service Manuals From Tyranny

EM is too busy "Osborne-ing" the S and X with irresponsible Tweets on future state vaporware. How many people are delaying ordering and delivery of an S and X waiting for the next, mythical hardware release?

One day, it will be his undoing. Sad.

Osborne effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Dislike x 2
  12. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

If you go back and watch/listen to something he said 10 years ago about what he expected Tesla to achieve in the next 10 years, all pretty much has come to be. His timeline expectations to get from point A to B may not be accurate, but what he says does happen.
    I wouldn't bet against him doing what he says, but an over/under on the release date is a sure thing ;)

• Like x 6
  13. Trev Page

Trev Page Member

He was asked about autonomy and given the recent reports about Autopilot 2 hardware etc. that's what the event will be about: full demonstration of what Autopilot 2.0 is capable of.

• Like x 1
  14. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Since Tesla Generation III vehicles have been The GOAL since the inception of the company, the Model S and Model X were 'Osborned' from day one.

The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me)

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  15. Colsla

Colsla Member

I agree, but I was just pointing out that that event, whenever that might be, will probably be about AP 2.0 rather than about Model 3 second reveal.

I hope it is about Model 3 though and that he's on time.

16. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

If I were planning the second reveal I'd do it very soon after the Bolt reviews hit the internet so folks will have something to compare to.

• Like x 3
  17. S3XY

S3XY Member

This is what I said the last time this topic came up. My guess is that R2 will be around the end of March.

• Like x 1
  18. Colsla

Colsla Member

It sounds logical, but I am not sure Model 3 is ready to be revealed yet. I am not sure when EM or Tesla were setting their internal date for Model 3 2nd reveal, if they consciously thought about when Bolt reveal date may be.

But, we have this article here..

Tesla Model 3: Tesla is ordering enough parts for a fleet of ~300 prototypes

I wonder if these have anything to do with 2nd reveal. Maybe just for internal crash testing ??

19. JeffK

JeffK Active Member

I bet you could get some details out of Elon Musk in exchange for explaining that latest SpaceX anomaly...

• Love x 1
  20. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

I would love it if the Model ☰ Reveal Part II had Elon begin by congratulating General Motors for the brave release of the BOLT. He could speak of how well it had sold and how that was a good (though perhaps tentative) step in the direction he'd like to see the rest of the traditional automotive industry move toward. Then, it would be extra special cool if he were then to show off an either free or low cost completely unauthorized by GM adapter that would allow a BOLT to use a Supercharger in order to demonstrate Tesla's dedication to a proper competitive environment among EVs. Perhaps with video playing behind him of someone easily and successfully fast charging a BOLT at a Supercharger.

• Like x 5