Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

second row seats unlached (rear facing child seat)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't put an adult in the 2nd row because I get a "second row seats unlached" error message.

It won't "lach" unless I move it far enough back to press against the rear facing car seat. Has anyone solved this issue?

I can't put an adult in the 2nd row because I get a "second row seats unlached" error message.

It won't "lach" unless I move it far enough back to press against the rear facing car seat. Has anyone solved this issue?

You gotta put rear facing sears in the middle row. Then slide everyone's seats forward a bit give some room for Adults in the 3rd row. This is with a 6 seater and assuming quick release car seat. Baby goes in last.

We had an MX loaner for the weekend so we could test out our car seats. Discovered that the 6 seat configuration was perfect for our 3 boys (one car seat, one booster seat). Our oldest had to keep his legs in between the second row seats as there is really no leg room behind the second row when they are "latched".

We had an MX loaner for the weekend so we could test out our car seats. Discovered that the 6 seat configuration was perfect for our 3 boys (one car seat, one booster seat). Our oldest had to keep his legs in between the second row seats as there is really no leg room behind the second row when they are "latched".

You can adjust the second row by using the adjustment on the SIDE of the seat, not the one at the top of the seat back. You must first make sure they are latched with the upper switch, then adjust forward with the lower switch or from the screen.