Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

security for public charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... I would appreciate comments before we produce this in numbers...

Well black will not get as filthy looking as quickly as white.

I like the idea of it snapping together around the cable so it can live there permanently. Maybe include some tape or velcro so it even lives in the same spot with the same rotation orientation around the cable.

The big flat surface is a good place for your big ole' name and or logo. Also to sell ad space and or licencing car makers, cable makers, charger box makers, or to any one of a million makers of promotional marketing giveaways.

I hope they are being made in the US

I have a variation of that with my Volt. But haven't had to use it yet, fortunately, but its in my trunk space in case I feel the need.

I know this is only meant to be a deterrent, and not a failsafe. It's not impossible to lift your car enough to remove it. Esp. if its a group of vandals. (You'd think it won't be an issue, but if you charge using your UMC regularly in the same spot, it won;don't be hard for people to plan ahead.) But perhaps you could thread the lock strap through your wheel spoke. Would make it just a little more difficult, thus being a slightly higher deterrent (though still not a failsafe). But it might be enough more to make it even less appealing to tamper.