Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

See VIN on the source code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had MVPA show up 5/20, made final payment 5/21 and not received a word from Tesla yet. Pretty frustrating. Especially seeing people who ordered way after me getting scheduled for delivery (I ordered 3/15/19). Something that I thought was weird though was when I checked my MVPA a couple days after it showing up, the VIN changed from 68XX to 64XX.
This is the reason I did not make the final payment yet, there is no date of delivery and not sure if car is ready. For me it’s a lot of money and I don’t want to send 60 gran without seeing any proof that there is a car that’s ready or almost ready for delivery.

Checked the source code a few minutes ago and notice I have a VIN now. :D 69xx series. I'm hoping this means I'm getting closer but I'm not pulling the trigger on getting my insurance information put together until I have a formal communication from Tesla assigning the VIN. I'm required to have a VIN on my insurance information and that is the only thing I have left to complete my delivery documents. Keeping my fingers crossed I hear something soon. Anyone know the time lag between seeing the VIN in the source code and actually getting notification from Tesla?

Checked the source code a few minutes ago and notice I have a VIN now. :D 69xx series. I'm hoping this means I'm getting closer but I'm not pulling the trigger on getting my insurance information put together until I have a formal communication from Tesla assigning the VIN. I'm required to have a VIN on my insurance information and that is the only thing I have left to complete my delivery documents. Keeping my fingers crossed I hear something soon. Anyone know the time lag between seeing the VIN in the source code and actually getting notification from Tesla?
I did reach out to my delivery center have them confirm the VIN. I am sure they'll be happy to provide you with more information about your car. btw my vin is 99×× . Please come back to update with your good news . Lol

Yeah, I was going to call the guy at the delivery center to see what he could confirm. I'm also scheduled to do a test drive on Monday at our showroom so I'll see what they might be able to tell me. Hopefully I'll be getting good news soon. I've had better luck with the delivery center than the account reps in Nevada.

Yeah, I was going to call the guy at the delivery center to see what he could confirm. I'm also scheduled to do a test drive on Monday at our showroom so I'll see what they might be able to tell me. Hopefully I'll be getting good news soon. I've had better luck with the delivery center than the account reps in Nevada.
Things that make me chuckle....people that ordered in Spring of 2020 and are incessantly checking their source code with expectation in their hearts...

Signed -
Ordered March 2019 and have heard squat
Hope your MY will come soon

I'm not saying y'all shouldn't check, what I AM saying is when I see a post like "Checking 5X a day, ordered Mar 2020, SOOOOOOO impatient" I can't help but laugh.

Like...listen brah...I'll show you impatient.

;)

Lol, even though I am one of those people, I know how ridiculous it is. I honestly feel for all you that ordered last YEAR and still havent heard anything from Tesla!!! I've already seen people with my exact config who have ordered after me and have their delivery already scheduled.. Frustrating, but pales in comparison to you all who ordered last year and haven't heard anything!