Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

See VIN on the source code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a couple of question on source code info. This is what I see when I check mine.

</div><input type="hidden" name="model" value="models" />
<input type="hidden" name="country_code" />
<input type="hidden" name="crm_event" />
<input type="hidden" name="form_type" />
<input type="hidden" name="vin" />

1. I assume the hidden VIN starting with 5YJY should be in the last line above with name vin. Is this the location? I search for 5YJ and nothing.

2. The first line above for me seems to change, never says Model Y, I have seen M3, MX and now MS. Same for others? First time buyer, never owned a Tesla before nor have I ever placed an order for a MS...

So I have a couple of question on source code info. This is what I see when I check mine.

</div><input type="hidden" name="model" value="models" />
<input type="hidden" name="country_code" />
<input type="hidden" name="crm_event" />
<input type="hidden" name="form_type" />
<input type="hidden" name="vin" />

1. I assume the hidden VIN starting with 5YJY should be in the last line above with name vin. Is this the location? I search for 5YJ and nothing.

2. The first line above for me seems to change, never says Model Y, I have seen M3, MX and now MS. Same for others? First time buyer, never owned a Tesla before nor have I ever placed an order for a MS...

Search for "vin":

You'll see a couple of areas in the source where it'll say "null". It's my understanding that's where the VIN will ultimately appear.

Spotted VIN today after manage page said to make your final payment. I emailed my last pre-Corona contact and pretty quickly received a response from someone else confirming that VIN had been assigned and scheduled for 6/6 delivery!
MYP PUP MSM/BKKHB ordered March 13 2020.