Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Advice for Persistent Rattle and Seat Cover Issues with Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Community,

I’m reaching out to see if anyone has had similar experiences and could offer some advice. I have owned a Tesla Model Y for just under two years and have been dealing with a few persistent issues since I purchased the car. Initially, I noticed a sliced driver’s seat cover, a paint chip on the door, and an annoying rattle from the rear of the car.

Despite multiple appointments at my local service center, these issues haven’t been properly resolved. While the paint chip was touched up satisfactorily and the sliced seat cover issue was addressed, they actually punctured the rear passenger seat, which required two additional service visits. Since they repaired the seat, the headrest now doesn’t sit properly because the seat cover appears to not have been installed correctly. Additionally, the rattle from the rear of the car remains, despite my attempts to have it fixed both by the service center and on my own.

This rattle has been extremely upsetting and is my primary concern. It tends to occur over certain bumps in the road and expansion joints on the highway, and it’s much more noticeable in cooler temperatures, while it significantly diminishes when the car’s interior is hot.

To add to my frustration, there’s also a creaking noise coming from the trunk whenever it opens.

Recently, the Buffalo Tesla service center opened up nearby, and I’m hopeful they might be able to help. My primary concerns are:
1. Resolving the persistent and extremely upsetting rattle from the rear of the car.
2. Fixing the rear passenger headrest. Although the seat cover issues was addressed, the headrest doesn't sit properly because the seat cover appears to not be installed correctly.
3. Fixing the creaking noise coming from the trunk when it opens.

Has anyone dealt with similar issues, particularly with the rattling noise and creaking trunk? If so, do you have any recommendations for fixes or specific things I should mention when I take the car to the new service center? Any tips or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Steve

Hello Tesla Community,

I’m reaching out to see if anyone has had similar experiences and could offer some advice. I have owned a Tesla Model Y for just under two years and have been dealing with a few persistent issues since I purchased the car. Initially, I noticed a sliced driver’s seat cover, a paint chip on the door, and an annoying rattle from the rear of the car.

Despite multiple appointments at my local service center, these issues haven’t been properly resolved. While the paint chip was touched up satisfactorily and the sliced seat cover issue was addressed, they actually punctured the rear passenger seat, which required two additional service visits. Since they repaired the seat, the headrest now doesn’t sit properly because the seat cover appears to not have been installed correctly. Additionally, the rattle from the rear of the car remains, despite my attempts to have it fixed both by the service center and on my own.

This rattle has been extremely upsetting and is my primary concern. It tends to occur over certain bumps in the road and expansion joints on the highway, and it’s much more noticeable in cooler temperatures, while it significantly diminishes when the car’s interior is hot.

To add to my frustration, there’s also a creaking noise coming from the trunk whenever it opens.

Recently, the Buffalo Tesla service center opened up nearby, and I’m hopeful they might be able to help. My primary concerns are:
1. Resolving the persistent and extremely upsetting rattle from the rear of the car.
2. Fixing the rear passenger headrest. Although the seat cover issues was addressed, the headrest doesn't sit properly because the seat cover appears to not be installed correctly.
3. Fixing the creaking noise coming from the trunk when it opens.

Has anyone dealt with similar issues, particularly with the rattling noise and creaking trunk? If so, do you have any recommendations for fixes or specific things I should mention when I take the car to the new service center? Any tips or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Steve
Hey Steve. That sounds like a real headache, and I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time with your Model Y. It's always frustrating when things don't get fixed right, especially with a car you love. For the seat cover and headrest issues, you might want to consider getting some custom seat covers that are designed to fit perfectly and could potentially avoid the problems you've been having. TESERY makes some Tesla Model Y seat covers that have been getting good feedback for their fit and quality.

As for the rattling and creaking noises, it might be worth getting a second opinion from the Buffalo Tesla service center. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes can spot something that was missed before. Make sure to clearly describe when the noises occur, like over bumps or when it's cooler out, as that could help them diagnose the issue quicker.

Good luck with getting your car sorted out, and I hope the new service center can get you back to enjoying your Model Y without any annoyances.

Upvote 0