Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Alpha and Tesla: Fair or FUD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it is that. Clicks give them pennies and not worth the effort.

It is about raising ones profile among similar minded investors - bears or bulls - and swaying more neutral investors and newbies. Increasing your reach to a large number of people has its benefits.

This, but knowing @MitchJi is a permanent Seeking Alpha hater with simple black and white vision who just likes to bash others' work, no need to waste my time on this.

I don't think it is that. Clicks give them pennies and not worth the effort.

It is about raising ones profile among similar minded investors - bears or bulls - and swaying more neutral investors and newbies. Increasing your reach to a large number of people has its benefits.
They get paid for their articles and we know that the getting paid is @ValueAnalyst ’s main motivation for providing his articles there.

I think that we are in agreement that many of the articles there are financially motivated, and not with the best interests of the readers.

My personal view: I did read SA quite a lot and stopped a while ago.

The reason? Well, there has been some really well balanced Analysis that I found informative and helpful but the vast majority was based on hearsay, proven wrong information, conclusion taking out of the context, made up information, no named sources for statements and many more.

ValueAnalyst - SeekingAlpha is a cesspool.

It attracts a collection of Tesla haters who want to bring Tesla down, who want to see them bankrupt. It is a FUD machine.

There is no other way to sugar coat it.

I have agreed before that the TSLA discussion boards on the platform are bad, but it's important to note that Seeking Alpha is multiple orders larger than just TSLA boards and the few bad apples that continuously bash TSLA and give the platform a bad rep among TSLA investors. There are 13,000+ contributors that write daily on thousands of stocks and millions of unique monthly visitors visit the site. We already discussed all this...

In other words, as I have always said, this group is forming a biased opinion based on one small piece of a very large platform, and regurgitating this opinion among the group, despite facts... that reminds me of another group.... @MitchJi is basically the @mmd of TSLA bulls. He's just extra salty today, because he's looking to blame others for today's losses since his crystal ball doesn't seem to be working... but I'm done replying to this thread, because my original attempt was to share what I see from the inside, and now it's turned into a waste of time because of the said person.

Last edited:
The bias problem is fueled by the long bull market. Everyone thinks they are smart. Many people temporarily believe that stock picking is an optimal investment strategy.

This is the "I know the future!" bull market. Previously the long bull market was "I'm an expert day trader!".

They get paid for their articles and we know that the getting paid is @ValueAnalyst ’s main motivation for providing his articles there.

I think that we are in agreement that many of the articles there are financially motivated, and not with the best interests of the readers.
Yes financially motivated indirectly. But not on the click-pennies. It is similar to articles and blogs we see in LinkedIn. You instantly get recognized among your peers in the professional circuit around the world. Same as in Quora. They put that in their resume that they are in the top 100 (or whatever) writers in Quora.

Value of that recognition is far more than anything SA can pay.

Reactions: neroden
I found this amusing, an email solicitation from SA for their "Pro" service. Some highlights:

Are you spending too long browsing investment sites and losing valuable time in which you could be making more money?

Yes, usually when reading SA TSLA FUD articles.

Here’s what some top-performing investors who subscribe to PRO say about us:

“Seeking Alpha has changed the game for shorts”

Andrew Left, of Citron Research

These people know something. They know that to be successful you have to get the best information and that’s why they include SA PRO in their resource pool. Can you afford to overlook this potential goldmine?

As a regular user of the main Seeking Alpha site, we want to offer you, for a limited time, the chance to take an annual subscription to Seeking Alpha PRO for the reduced price of $1,800 for the year (instead of the regular annual price of $2,400).

I think I can afford to overlook the goldmine.

Here’s what some top-performing investors who subscribe to PRO say about us:
“Seeking Alpha has changed the game for shorts”
Andrew Left, of Citron Research

The real cult at S.A. in the Tesla section is the short cult.

Lets see how happy these short-cult followers at S.A. will feel about the advises and encouragement to bet against Elon Musk in all these many 'articles' and ' analysis' from Wahlman, Montana Skeptic. EnerTuition etc, etc. in 6 month.

Well, to be fair, some will have the unique M.S. coffee mock as a reminder for following for the advises of an anonymous cult leader.

"I make a killing if Tesla runs out of money." - Don Bailey's comment

Tesla: Let's Get Serious About Semis - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

These shorts want Tesla to die an imminent death, and they stand to gain enormously. And they would do anything to beat Tesla down. Lies, law suits, colluding with - establishment, fossil fuel industry, greedy shady law makers. And Seeking Alpha is a great welcoming platform for them to achieve their objective.

They don't seem to realize that Seeking Lies has lower reputation than even Faux News when it comes to Tesla.

They are so desperate and losing money, I would suspect many of their lives are ruined. I wouldn't be surprised in a fit of desperation, they embark on criminal activities

Last edited by a moderator:
EXACTLY. I came here just to report the same thing, and I saw you had already done that.

@ValueAnalyst : Remember this is not from one of the shorts that frequently write their garbage, but this is from one the SA New editor, who selectively picked out a few comments from a very positive InsideEV article on M3.

via a first-day Model 3 reservation owner

That this is coming from an eager fan of the Model 3 is of particular note ...

"Some of the exterior panels weren't as perfectly aligned as I'd like them to be ... More than acceptable in my opinion ... I did have to slam the driver’s door a little harder than I would like to in order for it to fully close though."

"I was a little underwhelmed with how the large center screen controls everything ... Needing to look to my right for every bit of information, as well as to activate accessories while driving, just doesn’t seem all that safe."

"The view out of the rear window of the car really is not that good. I realized this when I couldn’t tell if there was a car behind me or not when stopped at a traffic light at night

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect example of negative bias inherent in the SA team, they take a mostly positive review of the Model 3, pick out some negatives, and create a "Breaking News" item about it.

Tesla fan has a few issues with Model 3 - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha
EXACTLY. I came here just to report the same thing, and I saw you had already done that.

@ValueAnalyst : Remember this is not from one of the shorts that frequently write their garbage, but this is from one the SA New editor, who picked out selective a few comments from a very positive InsideEV article on M3.

Thank you. I don't know why they did this. You're welcome to send them an e-mail and ask.

(Moderator hat on.) Let's cool this discussion right now, before it flares up again. @ValueAnalyst, you can report it, and they might even listen to you. --ggr.
Did I miss something? I see nothing that needs "cooling" or moderator involvement. SA is a biased cesspool when it comes to Tesla, this is just the latest example.