Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I am worried about my $315's ...that would be a $945 close on Friday which I would think is unlikely :oops:
i have same -c315, +57% in 1 hr

i decided to sell BPS or BCS again, but strictly 1 DTE and daytrade only and no overnight

1663253818776.png

Sold -c350, 30 contracts for October monthly. With the way macro is trending, there is no reason to think that the stock is going to go up 20% over the next month.

I'm also looking at -c400 December monthlies for the same reason.

I'd argue that even if TSLA gets stellar Q3 earnings, overall macro is going to keep this stock trending sideways until we get some positive inflation/rate news.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this take.

Sold -c350, 30 contracts for October monthly. With the way macro is trending, there is no reason to think that the stock is going to go up 20% over the next month.

I'm also looking at -c400 December monthlies for the same reason.

I'd argue that even if TSLA gets stellar Q3 earnings, overall macro is going to keep this stock trending sideways until we get some positive inflation/rate news.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this take.
Not bad reasoning - things to consider -
Market is forward looking and if things start to cool off / get noticeably better - markets will react first
Mid term election year in the US and historical charts show mid October / November rallies around them
Tesla is moving forward with incredible earnings growth that should be evident by the P&D report released Oct 1st or 2nd
End of Ukraine / Russian war possible in the next couple of months

YMMV but I think October $350 is safer than the December $400's

Channeling my inner Yoona, I also daytraded some $315c watching the fibs. In at $1.20, out at .50.
I did the same trade again, in at $1.10, out at .40. That's a first for me! This day was perfect for daytrading short calls, 2 quick peaks and 2 quick dips.

They don't always work out like this, but it's sure fun when it does.