Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am day trading some calls / puts based on the trend for this year -
from Twitter -
ON EVERY SINGLE FOMC RATE HIKE SO FAR THIS YEAR MARKETS HAVE DUMPED AT 2:00 PM EST WHEN THE RATE HIKE CAME OUT AND RALLIED AT 2:30 EST WEHEN POWELL SPOKE

So.... definitely not advice.
SPY seems to be spiking, so we will see...

from Twitter -
ON EVERY SINGLE FOMC RATE HIKE SO FAR THIS YEAR MARKETS HAVE DUMPED AT 2:00 PM EST WHEN THE RATE HIKE CAME OUT AND RALLIED AT 2:30 EST WEHEN POWELL SPOKE

SPY seems to be spiking, so we will see...
IV seems high and building ahead of the Fed meeting. I suspect we will see a crush shortly after.

• Informative
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
from Twitter -

wow. SPOT ON! 👏👏👏

And that's how we make whiskey money!
Trades were -
$295 P's - STO - $2.30 --> BTC $0.85
$310 C's - STO - $4.50 -->BTC $3
Out both now for a round trip of $3 each strangle in all of 35 minutes
Outstanding.

I made a little beer money (not enough for whiskey) today, following your advice.

Closed out my CC325: sold initially for $1.73, bought at the dip for $0.50. Then put in order to re-sell at $1.10, which executed right as Powell started speaking.

This is the first time I've ever day-traded anything. Not a lot of money, but it was fun! Thanks @UltradoomY!

And that's how we make whiskey money!
Trades were -
$295 P's - STO - $2.30 --> BTC $0.85
$310 C's - STO - $4.50 -->BTC $3
Out both now for a round trip of $3 each strangle in all of 35 minutes
Very nice, totally the right play. I missed it by a few cents on my limit order for CCs.

Should have done the straddle.

Did anyone see any wildly optimistic options orders execute right at the 2pm announcement? My portfolio is at a bizarre place in that it's ITM BPS heavy right now, so the "total portfolio value" can swing wildly as SP moves. Anywho.....right at 2pm it tanked like -25% and then rose back up over the next 20-30 seconds. (after I had a mild heart attack)

Did IV just crush or rise that much in the one moment? Woulda been nice to have some orders in that quickly execute and were +30% a minute later.

Did anyone see any wildly optimistic options orders execute right at the 2pm announcement? My portfolio is at a bizarre place in that it's ITM BPS heavy right now, so the "total portfolio value" can swing wildly as SP moves. Anywho.....right at 2pm it tanked like -25% and then rose back up over the next 20-30 seconds. (after I had a mild heart attack)

Did IV just crush or rise that much in the one moment? Woulda been nice to have some orders in that quickly execute and were +30% a minute later.
I can't explain it but this kind of thing is exactly why I open up optimistic limit orders, on both sides, going into events like this.

STO ATM B-W before FOMC and went out shopping, just came home now to see:

1663800218604.png

maybe will BTC it tom

Last edited:
from Twitter -

🎯🎯🎯

green day tom? (asking for everyone here 😬 )

Nice trades you all had 2pm and later ... I wasn't around to play the sell buy repeat the other direction game, sweet! Another trick to add to the bag.

Option interest doubled down on 300p, increased interest at 290p. I have a good feel for 307-308 Friday; there's still a cluster of interest at those strikes. I'll add the graph of the options volume >=. 500 contacts later. When I looked at mid-day, the strikes were between 280 and 320 , nothing below or above , that too showed a strong concentration at 290-300-310. However, the afternoon changed that snapshot; look at 315 and the $5 strikes above... up up up?

TSLA-TotalGamma-21Sep2022.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 9.07.55 PM.png

Last edited:
Nice trades you all had 2pm and later ... I wasn't around to play the sell buy repeat the other direction game, sweet! Another trick to add to the bag.

Option interest doubled down on 300p, increased interest at 290p. I have a good feel for 307-308 Friday; there's still a cluster of interest at those strikes. I'll add the graph of the options volume >=. 500 contacts later. When I looked at mid-day, the strikes were between 280 and 320 , nothing below or above , that too showed a strong concentration at 290-300-310. However, the afternoon changed that snapshot; look at 315 and the $5 strikes above... up up up?

View attachment 855413

View attachment 855416
this gamma chart is AMAZING 👍

Reactions: UltradoomY
Wrote an IC yesterday on ADBE 9/24 270-310 for $0.55, which I'm likely to close this morning. Thesis: ADBE has been crushed post its acquisition of Figma, falling from $370 to $290 in the last week. I put this trade on at $290 yesterday afternoon and believe the stock won't head much lower this week given it's already extremely oversold. I may roll any profits on this one into a 2-4 week bull call spread for a quick bounce play.

I keep looking at TSLA BPS but, for example, next week's 250/230 is only worth $0.21 or $105 for $10k worth of risk. Also, I'm extremely reluctant to do BCS as I view that as a market timing call on the top of this TSLA rally, especially as we head into P&D and earnings.

Wrote an IC yesterday on ADBE 9/24 270-310 for $0.55, which I'm likely to close this morning. Thesis: ADBE has been crushed post its acquisition of Figma, falling from $370 to $290 in the last week. I put this trade on at $290 yesterday afternoon and believe the stock won't head much lower this week given it's already extremely oversold. I may roll any profits on this one into a 2-4 week bull call spread for a quick bounce play.

I keep looking at TSLA BPS but, for example, next week's 250/230 is only worth $0.21 or $105 for $10k worth of risk. Also, I'm extremely reluctant to do BCS as I view that as a market timing call on the top of this TSLA rally, especially as we head into P&D and earnings.
I see lots of folks reluctant on BCS, and rightly so, if the stock pops hard you can get wiped-out...

However, I've been selling/rolling -c300's for several weeks now, I didn't do the exact maths, but I think I took around $30 in premiums so far - that's the benefit of buy-writes. The only real risk is the SP dropping below your average purchase price, even then you can still keep selling, albeit for lower premiums at that same strike and wait for the recovery. The other downside is if the stock rallies hard and you miss out on potential gains, but "potential gains" are just that, "potential gains" - since when did we ever predict the direction of the stock correctly? And then you have the chance to sell puts

The wheel on steroids...