Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
High stakes poker- what happens if everyone knows your hand ;)
Lol that's what happens when he basically has no idea how to game the stock market.

His a smart guy with Engineering but he has no idea how to be a crook and game the market. He could of easily done a sale to institutions behind the scenes and not sell on the open market, yet he insists on doing it on the market.

Lol that's what happens when he basically has no idea how to game the stock market.

His a smart guy with Engineering but he has no idea how to be a crook and game the market. He could of easily done a sale to institutions behind the scenes and not sell on the open market, yet he insists on doing it on the market.
yes, but now we even know what the hedgies have in their hand, next move is on Elon ;)
just take Gary's advice for once and do the sales in dark pools, behind the scenes. If he doesn't sell till like next Wed, it would make everyone on the other side nervous ;)

yes, but now we even know what the hedgies have in their hand, next move is on Elon ;)
just take Gary's advice for once and do the sales in dark pools, behind the scenes. If he doesn't sell till like next Wed, it would make everyone on the other side nervous ;)
That is true, it would truly cost some front runners and speculators a fair decent amount of money if he doesn't need to sell (Finds extra financing) or does some kind of deal behind the scenes (dark pools). The problem short term (next 7 days) is that there is no upwards buying pressure from a huge earnings beat so these speculators and traders are going to double down (not literally) on their bets and try to push it further down. We'll see how things go. We really need new money in to come put some buying pressure on the stock.

Reactions: saniflash
That is true, it would truly cost some front runners and speculators a fair decent amount of money if he doesn't need to sell (Finds extra financing) or does some kind of deal behind the scenes (dark pools). The problem short term (next 7 days) is that there is no upwards buying pressure from a huge earnings beat so these speculators and traders are going to double down (not literally) on their bets and try to push it further down. We'll see how things go. We really need new money in to come put some buying pressure on the stock.
I'm thinking best is to ride this out by buying some *sugar* puts for next 2 weeks ;) popcorn in hand :)
I think @FactCheckings tweets do get read by Elon.

IMHO this is a gift from Elon. FWIW I’m not an “Elon can do no wrong” kind of Tesla Bull. The earnings call was as fantastic and bullish as possible. He’s going to sell on the open market and, combined with the headlines and stock crooks, the stock price is going to tank. This is a fantastic setup. All of my demand worries, etc, are gone after that call. Frankly I’m contemplating canceling my Roadster deposit to reinvest those TSLA profits. Between this and the macros it’s really a gift.

ps No margin my friends!

If we are down, I'm liquidating everything I can find in college funds, retirement accounts, etc. and buying LEAPS.

Beginning Jan 1, 2023 Tesla becomes and even greater money printing machine due to the crazy IRA tax subsidies, which Elon confirmed that Tesla will do everything they can to capture all of them possible.

There are "rumors" of a Fed pivot the instant they see weakness in the job market (that's what they are waiting on, don't kid yourselves about what the CPI and PPI show - it's the labor market they care most about), and that's expected approximately in Dec.

Ladies and gents, I know things hurt now for most of us, but back up to the 50,000 ft view and we will all miss this buying opportunity in 6-12 months.

IMHO this is a gift from Elon. FWIW I’m not an “Elon can do no wrong” kind of Tesla Bull. The earnings call was as fantastic and bullish as possible. He’s going to sell on the open market and, combined with the headlines and stock crooks, the stock price is going to tank. This is a fantastic setup. All of my demand worries, etc, are gone after that call. Frankly I’m contemplating canceling my Roadster deposit to reinvest those TSLA profits. Between this and the macros it’s really a gift.

ps No margin my friends!
Let's not kid ourselves here. This is not a gift from Elon. This was a mistake from Elon that you can take advantage of. It is 100% not his intention to sell here. If he could do it again he probably wishes he sold more in the 1000's.

Let's not kid ourselves here. This is not a gift from Elon. This was a mistake from Elon that you can take advantage of. It is 100% not his intention to sell here. If he could do it again he probably wishes he sold more in the 1000's.
I wasn't as clear as I could have been. This was all a poorly played stupid move by Elon that will result in giving us an unintentional gift, but a gift none the less.

Reactions: JustMe
Another followup... rolling out a week and down to 295 (from 296.67) kept bouncing around 1.50-1.75 most of the day... for heck of it I put in a $1.40 order and it filled JUST as market was closing... so even if we don't get a huge bounce and I end with assigned on these eventually I saved a solid 27 cents a share...so I've got that going for me.

FUNNY STORY.

I log in this morning and... I have a bunch more shares.

The puts were early exercised... but at the 295 strike I rolled down to just before market close for next friday, rather than the 296.67 strike they were before the roll.

So, deeply underwater, but I totally pocketed all those extra extrinsic pennies!

Considering the same, but then I'm afraid to end up buying those sugarputs for the next 3-6 months..

Did just that and even closed a few PUTS for some super quick gains.(swing/day trade). Closed all my Jan 24 CC's and got ~ 6K
Improved margin by closing some other stuff and buying the shitputs.
If we hit 210 again, will again sell against all my CC's ....let see ..

Reactions: juanmedina
With IV climbing I was looking at ways to play earnings and the IV crush from our old friend OA: The Three Best Option Strategies For Earnings

Not advice and don't follow me, but I sold these ICs for tomorrow.

-190/180/-260/270

View attachment 865382

Note: I don't believe that POP
I closed these on the open for around 50% profit. I want to remember this strategy for next earnings. Open an IC that's very safe on both sides the afternoon of earnings, close on market open when IV crushes. Even with the huge move to the downside, the IV crush still won.

Of course, I could have waited and probably made close to full profit on these, but too many unknowns for Friday. I'm happy to get in and out quickly these days.