Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somebody ALWAYS knows something. God damn this market is rigged. Imagine this IRS news wasn't leaked a week ago.
That post pretty much sums it up today! Crazy day. I went to bed thinking that my CCs and BCSs were completely safe and that my CSPs & BPSs were in deep trouble. I put in $0.10 BTCs in on everything just to be safe because I’m on vacation on the Oregon Coast and sleeping in. Damn happy that I did. The CC and BCS orders hit at the open. I could not believe the rocket run to $198 when I woke up and checked the stock. The CSP order missed by $0.07 at the peak, so had to multitask and watch it and the storm waves while drinking coffee. Needed to get out hiking, so finally gave up and rolled to next week (-p190s to -p200s, -c202.50s to -c205s) for boatloads of credit. Must live our lives sometimes. At the end of the day, everything would have expired worthless, so definitely chose wisely for this week’s bets. Unfortunately, still have a boatload of 2/17 -c155s (from my brokerage change) and a few -c185s that will need assistance if SP doesn’t retreat. Not panicking yet and will use earned put premiums to slowly close/roll the -c155s up and out.

Learned a lot this week and hope to implement better timing of sells to improve earned premiums. Also, once I finally close out those DITM CCs, I’ll only sell CCs at ATM+10% on Thursdays. At this point, the CSP premiums are plenty to meet my needs, while the CCs just risk losing stock in the best company on the planet. Have a great and enjoyable weekend.

I think what’s meant is if 190 is below your cost basis (meaning you paid for the shares more than 190) then if it gets called away at 190 you will lose money and that’s not desirable.
I guess I was in a hurry and didn't express myself well
My cost basis on my Roth IRA has fluctuated a lot as I have been buying (and selling) since 2012
I have had the opportunity to play the wheel several times and so my cost basis is really not a big deal since all the trading is in a tax free account

Isn’t FED feared because they may cause a recession?
Yes.

But if they do not, WS and stonks still fear them because interest rates going up is bad.

WS has baked in a ‘soft landing scenario’ very quickly in the past six weeks. This means the FED DOES stop in March. And inflation continues its downward spiral to near 2 percent. And that the economy WEAKENS into a mild recession or near recession in the back end of 2023. And that the FED will then pivot and LOWER interest rates. This whole scenario has been settled on by the market. It is hilarious actually.

If this latest job report is real and continues, there is no recession coming. But WS now has to come to terms that there is no way there is a FED pivot on the horizon if this is the case. I don’t see the FED stopping quarter point hikes until the labor market weakens. Where doth the dot plot go?

WS fears recession and higher interest rates both. With a labor market like this, recession fears appear incorrect. But the FED continuing to raise interest rates brings us back to the NPV equation and the discount rate. NPV shrinks more with each rate hike, and there be many more to come than WS has already banked on.

And so my question, which master do we fear most? Given that the market had already figured out the answer to a recession with a FED pivot and lower interest rates, the lack of a recession is now bad. The FED continues to be the master to be feared by WS in 2023, cause I don’t see a pivot coming.

BTW, no recession is great overall, and terrific for Tesla! Watch as we hit targets this year easily.

I guess I was in a hurry and didn't express myself well
My cost basis on my Roth IRA has fluctuated a lot as I have been buying (and selling) since 2012
I have had the opportunity to play the wheel several times and so my cost basis is really not a big deal since all the trading is in a tax free account
So interestingly enough as anticipated by several here..
They ended up selling half of my shares after-hours.

fyi

Attachments

• 266CBEBB-AE45-45B6-8B33-CEBEA550C272.png
    266CBEBB-AE45-45B6-8B33-CEBEA550C272.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Informative
Reactions: JustMe
For anyone wondering, Yoona is doing fine, nothing happened to her. Her posts and insight will be missed. I loved to see her post her trades and the tweets sharing other traders views. Really unfortunate to see her leave but really reassured nothing happened to her. I am a bit in PTSD when I see someone leave abruptly after the story of Peter.

Any chance for repair where she’ll come back?

Reactions: GrmMastrDoobie
It did, but in the after hours action, it went to $192.77.
Anyone can exercise the the calls regardless of what the price is, but usually it is a losing proposition if you buy the call below the option price

Wow, I never knew that. I thought the price at market close (4:00pm) on the strike date dictates whether the shares are call-awayable. Scary if that’s not the case!

Reactions: gabeincal
STO - -$200 / +190 BPS for 02/10 expiration - $6.50 each just now.

Betting on a Monday rise and tag $200+ to close these out with the weekend Theta.

Closed the short leg of this just a bit ago - $10.25 close from the $14 (technically $13.98) open on Friday

Going to hold the $190 P's for some assurance till at least Tuesday afternoon.