Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Patience rewarded! I wonder if buyers are largely gone for the week, so no late-day surge? Spurt Mon AM?
The only thing we have to watch out for is whether the stock runs up and close at HOD today. If not then my money is on the top is in.
@Jim Holder I do track the broader market and this looks like a legitimate rally. It might very well be a bear market rally, but it has more juice still. What can ruin the party is CPI in 2 weeks, though. But again, TSLA will be fine. Pull back & correct, yes, but the low is in. Once the low is in, the sky is the limit once again.

Last edited:
The only thing we have to watch out for is whether the stock runs up and close at HOD today. If not then my money is on the top is in.
@Jim Holder I do track the broader market and this looks like a legitimate rally. It might very well be a bear market rally, but it has more juice still. What can ruin the party in CPI in 2 weeks, though. But again, TSLA will be fine. Pull back & correct, yes, but the low is in. Once the low is in, the sky is the limit once again.

Thank you. I so appreciate your balanced view. So many are saying we’re in a new bull market (50-day over the 200, 20% up from lows, etc,) but equally many voices are saying we’re in a Bear Market rally and will fall hard shortly. It’s hard to make sense of the noise!

A couple weeks ago I BTO 300x 3/31/23 387/390 SPY Put Debit spreads for $25.8k (🙄) and they’re deep red now (-44%), so I’m hoping for a retracement to escape them. Maybe we get it on 2/14 or sooner. Though SPY may run to 430 too. The markets are behaving very weird these days.
Grrr!

Reactions: dl003
Waiting into the close to see if my 190 CC will get called away
If you don't want those exercising then I'd be closing them out right now... if you don't care that's another matter... many of us here have had ATM puts and calls, closing slightly OTM, only to be exercised anyway

Well we didn’t tag HOD into close. I guess this means we gap down Monday and head towards the 140’s? I wonder over what period the retracement happens, days, weeks.

We have March 1st investors day coming up with rumored new product announcements. Would it be possible to complete a healthy retrace and reclaim 200+ by then (even if we get a sell the news sell off after)?

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I'm getting more and more tempted to just sell Jan 2024 400CC on all my shares and stop doing the weeklies for 0.2

I'm waiting a little longer because I think I can get more for those 400s if the SP keeps climbing....

The peace of mind I have gained for the last 2 weeks not having to check the SP because I rolled everything to 2025 is refreshing. I look at the SP just for fun once or twice a week, not because I have 2. I guess I am a 2 year expiry trader.

This peace of mind will disappear when I roll back my CCs in on the upcoming correction

Last edited: