Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sold around 10:00 EST a lot of OTM C’S for the next 5 weeks (experiencing same IBKR issues as above) until end of April (280) all bringing in around 66 cts, of course every week later at least 10 dollars higher strike which brought me in total around 2400 dollars. Sold part of my shares when SP evidently was going down and bought back in one of the dips, bringing me 1000+ dollars, so again gained more than just holding stocks. Winning with daytrading the stock on days like this is very easy, keeping an eye on SPY and SPY daily options too like I explained before. But you have too be focused on being happy with little profits and quickly cutting unexpected losses. You can not always get very near to selling tops and buying dips. Halfway is safer and satisfying too. (Don’t think about what you COULD have MADE)

Last edited:
PS-- I am reading this thread from the beginning, but it is 1360 pages so will take me awhile. I too started thinking of the "wheel" strategy".
When you get to the part where we go from the "wheel" to BPSs, where we were all making insane amounts of money, don't skip past the part where we lost far more than we ever made less than a year later.... Don't get tempted. 😭

When you get to the part where we go from the "wheel" to BPSs, where we were all making insane amounts of money, don't skip past the part where we lost far more than we ever made less than a year later.... Don't get tempted. 😭
Reading this post I realized I'm still not over it...

Beware newcomers! Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

Wow, I always knew something was wrong with me but I can't stop....

Just set a STO order for 04/06 $190P's for $10 each.... it's close ($9.50 each as of writing this)

I wanted to be out for next week but that's juicy...

Edit - changed to $9.50 and filled... Yay? we will see... Will close on a big bounce

Last edited:
SPY options say 396 today's close, SP being 396, you can predict where TSLA goes on SPY's moves. SPY moving higher than 397, TSLA will drop. SPY below 395 TSLA will rise. (Already sold @191.92 and bought back @188.92, bringing me over 1000 dollars again.)
Furthermore sold QQQ: -C 316 may 5. Wanted to buy UNG Arca (natural gas ) at it's low, but need a Dutch KID for that to happen alas. My broker doesn't have it. Maybe someone nows another fund in Natural gas? (Don't want to buy calls Chevro or so)
[Edit] To be honest, unless Macro anything happens, we can call it a day already nothing big to be expected $TSLA-wise while stable 396 SPY [/Edit]

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MikeC
Closed my CC for Friday for 85% profit. Will open new ones today or tomorrow on a bounce. It looks like TSLA is just trading its Beta with no P&D effect at all....
Yeah we can't blame TSLA for that. Look at the indexes. People are buying McDonald.
1680014816728.png

I really need to be paying more attention to Wicked Stocks. His predictions are on both up and down sides, but once the trading direction is known (up or down), the limits that he describes are almost always good turn around targets. For example, last night’s prediction for today was support at a $187.36 descending speed line. The SP came within a few cents of that number twice, with reversal. Then, just a few minutes ago during the lunch hour (hmmmm), the price broke through, with a gap down. Clearly day traders are using these TA levels. Unfortunately, closing below $187.36 suggest more pain down to the $180.62 rising speed line. Perhaps the options sellers don’t want those minuscule number of excess 190 calls paid out this week (13888 call OI vs 13025 put OI this AM).🤔

E3C8BFE0-B78E-4C48-92E8-3AC3716F040A.jpeg

76205E12-18AA-4C2D-931B-1960E5349B87.jpeg