Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The numbers are too close for comfort. Hopefully his last report on the 31st is 425,000+.

Forcast.PNG

The numbers are too close for comfort. Hopefully his last report on the 31st is 425,000+.

View attachment 922334
That 420k analyst consensus hasn’t moved in sometime… so, what’s the whisper number ?

All news point to a beat … except perhaps
- incentives for S/X
- EU incentives for 3/Y in loot box

I don’t think a small miss or beat will move SP much (except for P&D speculators leaving)

I really need to be paying more attention to Wicked Stocks. His predictions are on both up and down sides, but once the trading direction is known (up or down), the limits that he describes are almost always good turn around targets. For example, last night’s prediction for today was support at a $187.36 descending speed line. The SP came within a few cents of that number twice, with reversal. Then, just a few minutes ago during the lunch hour (hmmmm), the price broke through, with a gap down. Clearly day traders are using these TA levels. Unfortunately, closing below $187.36 suggest more pain down to the $180.62 rising speed line. Perhaps the options sellers don’t want those minuscule number of excess 190 calls paid out this week (13888 call OI vs 13025 put OI this AM).🤔

View attachment 922203
View attachment 922231
We closed above yesterday’s predicted $187.36 support, that’s good news (otherwise $140s could be tested), so still in “the channel.”
Wicked Stocks predictions for Wednesday, Mar 29th: $186.24 pivot point, $182.06 weekly support, $196.36 weekly resistance. Closing above $186.24 again still keeps us in the same channel. He still seems bullish, though not as confident as a last week.

D1B0BBF8-1CA1-4DAB-A6CF-1DA023BF2222.jpeg

We closed above yesterday’s predicted $187.36 support, that’s good news (otherwise $140s could be tested), so still in “the channel.”
Wicked Stocks predictions for Wednesday, Mar 29th: $186.24 pivot point, $182.06 weekly support, $196.36 weekly resistance. Closing above $186.24 again still keeps us in the same channel. He still seems bullish, though not as confident as a last week.
Some of these support/resistence levels are pretty good. Daily trader had the support at 185.60 .... guess what today low was. Even when the market was going down SP bounced off 185.50.

Other thing to watch out for is 20/50/200 average support. I know a lot of dealers follow that and invariably those provide support/resistance.

Today, again SPY daily options might lead TSLA, because the OI is very low, so I think opening can be either way and Option traders will wait to come in selling* C and P options around whatever SPY is at the moment around 10:00 EST and adjust on macro moves.
So fireworks only in the first and last half hour again?
* I think SPY daily options is a selling market more than a buying market of a few big players that are capable of reeling in max premium by manipulating during the day. Mostly successful (succes:fail about 5:1). They only stay away more on 3rd fridays, because the stakes are too high.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeC
Rolled 20 x p175 3/31 to 20 x p180 4/6 for a net premium of $2.65. Yesterday I could have done the same without raising the strike, but I didn't pull the trigger because it was only Tuesday. I just now realized we have one less trading day next week. I'm feeling positive about P&D, so I think the 5 point higher strike is not a big issue (not advice).

Edit: hmm, that was some bad timing. Who pulled the plug?

Without elaborating again a lot in the future, because you know my drill I will use a more acronymic style of calling my SPY-daily-options-related expectations for TSLA SP intraday.
first the current levels, then max pain or trading levels options D(ay)/W(eek)/M(onto), then concluding expected move (may vary during trading session!!) and then explain other factors

[TSLA 193 above W max pain] [SPY 400 above D max pain, but little OI so trading levels will become key: 399.5! No move, watch macro, will update] [later SP could 👇 a bit to correct if other SPY-stock catches up with the big names. Then MM's possibly will manipulate $TSLA down]

So based on this analysis I sold part of the stock $194.78 to buy back any dip (In Holland we do not have tax on trade-profits, but only on holdings per jan 1. So trading is interesting, gross profit=net profit. Will change in 2027 or later. I tell, because you don't have to worry about tax (harvesting, capital gains) effects