Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seem Tesla trying to go green.....
The Singuy call selling resistance literally drove dl003 off the forum. The stock refuse to go below 252 even with max pain, price cuts and hot job market trying to drag it down. I have never seen tsla stock reacts this way the day after a major price cut but I'm pretty sure one of my superpower is selling at the bottom so the floor was set. 200 will only happen after I close my position at a loss.

The Singuy call selling resistance literally drove dl003 off the forum. The stock refuse to go below 252 even with max pain, price cuts and hot job market trying to drag it down. I have never seen tsla stock reacts this way the day after a major price cut but I'm pretty sure one of my superpower is selling at the bottom so the floor was set. 200 will only happen after I close my position at a loss.
His posting must have been time-consuming, hopefully he’s just taking a break and working his holdings.

The last half hour had a standing order to close 10/6 +242.5/-252.5 , unfilled. Although price is now above the ask, has yet to fill. I'd like to get on with weekend, willing to close out early, no takers. Also don't want to wait out the day with a risk of seeing 252 again. In the past I'd asked Fidelity about this, they say it is a function of the dealer the order is queued with.

The last half hour had a standing order to close 10/6 +242.5/-252.5 , unfilled. Although price is now above the ask, has yet to fill. I'd like to get on with weekend, willing to close out early, no takers. Also don't want to wait out the day with a risk of seeing 252 again. In the past I'd asked Fidelity about this, they say it is a function of the dealer the order is queued with.
I find that when in this situation, I can BTC the written portion and then sell ( or ignore if insignificant) the portion that I bought. Good luck closing soon.

I find that when in this situation, I can BTC the written portion and then sell ( or ignore if insignificant) the portion that I bought. Good luck closing soon.

Beautiful and simple solution !!! Thanks. I cancelled the BPS close and set the buy back, filled immediately at the same ask as the set :)

On to the weekend , GLTA !

DL003 mentioned 200 should be reach by end of the year. One thing that doesn't pan out yet is no Analyst downgrade. Price cut and lower shipment should see a decrease in earning for 2023. Unless Tesla is pulling a rabbit with COG and realizing gain from FSD. Cybertrunk if launch would still not impact the revenue that much till 2024.
Where do you get "lower shipment" from? Were already 9 ships sailing from GF3 before the end of Q3. Q4 will be a record quarter, I'm personally looking for >500k

Well, that was an extremely profitable week indeed, which also facilitated rolling up -c240's to -c260 and -p255's down to -p250, and reducing the put contracts as well, buying back calls and selling puts on the dip, selling calls on the pop, and letting the -p255's expire, but keeping an eye on it in case the apocalypse hits before close (and yes, I can close them now for 1cent, but the transaction for of $250 stops me...)

So successful in fact that I managed to position away from the weekly straddle -> 10/13 strangle: 70x -p250 @$6.18 + 70 -c260 @6.1

Now in a position to allow the call side to roll up above 270, after which I can let the underlying sell if I want, very happy with that

And yeah, could already close out those puts sold earlier when the SP was $251 for +$4, but I'll let them run to next week

I still expect "them" to try for sub 260 if they can...

Last edited:
No idea, but according to reports VINs have been assigned so I imagine so, also there are M3H's in European showrooms already, so I imagine the authorities have had the time to do the necessary

"Homologated", BTW :p
I'm pretty sure all the review models of the new Model 3 was in Norway with regular license plates. We follow the EU car rules so pretty sure you can't have normal license plates on that Model 3 unless it was legal to drive on Norwegian roads. And we do have temp plates they could have used if they needed to.
So that points to the new Model 3 being legal in EU already.

Last edited:
What a week!

Looking ahead to next week, 10/13 has massive call wall at $270 and it often acts as a magnet to it but a resistance to get past. Very little put action below. Based on this I opened the following after going flat earlier at $251:

10/13
STO 5x -C272.50 10/13 @2.00
STO 5x -C275.00 10/13 @$1.52

10/20
STO 2x -C285.00 10/20 @$3.30
STO 5x -C290.00 10/20 @2.60
STO 5x -C292.50 10/20 @2.25

Starting small qty's since I watched contracts quickly go from $3.00 to $9.00 last week so leaving some dry powder (unsold contracts) so I can scale in more if/when we run next week.

Caution is the need to break and hold above $264 to confirm more upside, plus CPI next week, QQQ needs to get above the 50-day and macro needs to cooperate.

10/13

1696623484396.png

10/20

1696623429975.png

1696623348931.png

(Credit: Yoona)