Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can confirm. My kid's accounts migrated to SCHWAB and it's not fun.

As someone who has both a Schwab and a TDA account, I can only say that they each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Rolling spreads is easier with schwab's WebUI than with TDA's webUI. Although ThinkOrSwim is even easier (only available on my TDA account), there are some spread trades that TOS won't allow me to do that Schwab's WebUI does allow. Just an opinion.

I have multiple TD Ameritrade Accounts.

My retirement account was migrated to SCHWAB which is unadulterated hot radioactive toxic waste.

It seems they might be planning to keep ThinkorSwim platform for certain retail accounts. This would be a genius move for them. Most of my retail is on IAB which is very good.

DO NOT OPEN A TDA ACCOUNT NOW UNLESS YOU WANT A SCHWAB ACCOUNT.
They are keeping TOS for sure, and I think that is what drives not having the account migrated - if one is a user, heavy user or legacy user. They have NOT yet finalized TOS integration into SCHW, so that is probably what is keeping legacy TDA accounts on TDA/TOS, since they really don’t want ppl to just bolt entirely. From the mgmt that I know there, and many deca-MM who broker at TDA, that is a lot of remaining capital they probably don’t want to lose to Fidelity (better platforms than SCHW), IBKR, heck even E-Trade is probably better than the SCHW platforms.

Unless tomorrow bring some big movement it's going to be flat this week back to where we started at 259 Monday. Boring would be what our expert charter would say......

My doggy sense is telling me big macro movement tommorow looking at the afterhours.... quite actives

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Unless tomorrow bring some big movement it's going to be flat this week back to where we started at 259 Monday. Boring would be what our expert charter would say......

My doggy sense is telling me big macro movement tommorow looking at the afterhours.... quite actives
Could have been worse, seemed like we were to get an OSDR, but in the end it’s just LHLL.

Tea-leaves are indeed pointing to a close just below 260, the manipulators took full advantage of yesterday's macro dip to push it down and keep it there, with some after-hours red for good measure - gives them a little breathing-space today in case of green macro

As for brokers, I'm not going to move, right now I'm with a Belgian based broker in a Belgian bank, which is better for dealing with the tax authorities, so I prefer not to rock the boat. Plus my broker doesn't interfere in my trading activity, or complain about risk or the fact that my whole portfolio is TSLA based, etc. They don't change margin rates overnight for no reason either (not that I used margin...)

^^^ I'll go with that ... equal interest puleld out at 260, just like the 300 play in, then out. Similar at p240, about 8k in Wednesday, 9k out yesterday. Going to look out to next week but not wanting to open anything to hold over the weekend. My -c275's (EDIT: was -c270's) should be good for today.

day2dayoi-20231013.png

Last edited:
Bank earnings were supposed to be bad because of all the increase in rates, but seems big banks not impacted too much by it.
Another concern out the window ...

Tesla earnings magic words
.. gonna meet 1.8M deliveries
.. CT delivery day in Nov (before year end)

+bought some 280 Calls for next Fri, if we have bottomed for today, might get to close it today itself ...if we go back to max-pain of 260 ....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: juanmedina
Bank earnings were supposed to be bad because of all the increase in rates, but seems big banks not impacted too much by it.
Another concern out the window ...

Tesla earnings magic words
.. gonna meet 1.8M deliveries
.. CT delivery day in Nov (before year end)

+bought some 280 Calls for next Fri, if we have bottomed for today, might get to close it today itself ...if we go back to max-pain of 260 ....
Any bank worth their salt was getting clear their longer duration bonds last year, or with the gift they got in March of this year (300B Fed bail out). At this point in the cycle, cash on the balance sheet is becoming a much bigger element in my company portfolio analysis for the 85% of my portfolios that are not in TSLA. 1) for lack of need to finance and 2) overall company treasury return.

Practicing the same in my own household “treasury”, where in certainly the tax-deferred accounts, I’ll take larger positions and push for 2-5-10% in a day or two, sell, repeat. Not having any taxable impact for those transactions certainly requires a bifurcation of historical trading/investing mentality vs. just swing trading or investing. Having the excess cash earning 5.3% while its waiting for the next target just bumps overall return.

Any bank worth their salt was getting clear their longer duration bonds last year, or with the gift they got in March of this year (300B Fed bail out). At this point in the cycle, cash on the balance sheet is becoming a much bigger element in my company portfolio analysis for the 85% of my portfolios that are not in TSLA. 1) for lack of need to finance and 2) overall company treasury return.

Practicing the same in my own household “treasury”, where in certainly the tax-deferred accounts, I’ll take larger positions and push for 2-5-10% in a day or two, sell, repeat. Not having any taxable impact for those transactions certainly requires a bifurcation of historical trading/investing mentality vs. just swing trading or investing. Having the excess cash earning 5.3% while its waiting for the next target just bumps overall return.

How are you positioned in TSLA at this point? Did you ever pull the trigger on those short calls?