Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
🚨

Though $261 held so far, notice how every rip is getting sold into.

1697118628275.png

• Helpful
Reactions: intelligator
Last edited:
Why "ER elevator down"? Ws has been cutting EPS and margins are expected to be under pressure

Remember last week when we had a really underwhelming P&D, a "miss" by anyone's standards, what happened after that? The SP went up...

Nothing is a given in this game
You’re right it could be priced in, I’d love that! And I like how $261 keeps holding (but eventually if it keeps getting tested it can break). What’s giving me pause is how the markets are being so skittish lately and approaching resistances. Also how any rises past $265 area are immediately sold. Also add up the sells waiting above:

1697121530766.png

It’s been a great time and I’ve learned an immense amount from everyone, but have decided it’s time to move on. As I said earlier, everything is fine, financially and personally, just time to close out this chapter and move forward. I will still lurk, if I have a spare minute, so don’t do anything stupid. Keep respectful and learn from everyone. GLTA.
Per a PM question, I forgot to update my TSLA holdings. I’m currently still in TSLA, with all of my shares committed to covered calls, most in June to December 2025, and a few January 2026. Strikes are 310s to 350s. Holding 10/13 short strangle CSPs/CCs, and ICs, plus a few 11/17 ICs that were rolled into trying to save a losing position. My plan is to finish out this year by closing out all of the short term stuff (hopefully for a win). If the SP drops to $200 by EOY as @dl003 has predicted, I will buyback all the CCs. I’m currently still unsure whether I will sell everything and go back to mutual funds or cash, I just know that there won’t be any time for trading or posting. Thanks again for the great ride. GLTA………and……..poof😥☮️🏁

I ditched the idea of a 2DTE IC, thinking this will be safe for next week. GEX and OI seem to place SP between the two sold positions. Thoughts?

View attachment 981648
View attachment 981649

No idea, but I think the lower end is probably safe - all the negatives are out in the open regarding margins, deliveries, etc. The problem are the calls if they announce something unexpected, like better margins or increase earnings from energy, good cyber truck news, etc. Probably safe, but as Yonna pointed out, when TSLA pops on earnings, it can go up big.

No idea, but I think the lower end is probably safe - all the negatives are out in the open regarding margins, deliveries, etc. The problem are the calls if they announce something unexpected, like better margins or increase earnings from energy, good cyber truck news, etc. Probably safe, but as Yonna pointed out, when TSLA pops on earnings, it can go up big.

My biggest downside concern is that margins come in worse than expectations, and Elon doing his usual routine. I'm also mindful that this is our first earnings call without Zachary Kirkhorn since he came in as CFO. Zach was a great voice on the earnings calls that will be missed.

I'm now positioned as follows:

20x 10/13 -c275s - these are rolled up from -c270s before close yesterday at a net profit, but paid an $0.84 debit to do so. Wanted to get a bit further away from the stock price in case of a bullish market reaction to CPI.
10x 10/27 +p230s - these are rolled up from +p200s.
40x 11/17 +p200s - no change.
10x 12/15 -c300s - a new defensive position that I'm okay having to deal with if needed. Not looking to sell shares here necessarily, but okay with managing from this point.

At this point, I will look to open a deep OTM 10/20 covered call position if the stock rises substantially between now and earnings. Not interested in current premiums right now, though.

If the stock shoots up post-earnings, that's great for my financial situation and I have plenty of contracts that I can write at much higher strikes to take advantage. If it shoots down, I can close out my covered calls for pennies and hopefully make a profit on long puts. If it trades sideways my long puts will expire worthless but I'll happily harvest the theta and IV crush on my covered calls. I'm fairly happy with my positioning at the moment.

I'm trying to decide what to do with -225P for Oct. 27th. I have a GTC order to buy them back for $1 that almost hit when the SP was climbing. My plan was to sell them again after earnings if there is a drop in the SP. However, you normally can't get $1 for strikes that are $35 OTM with ten days to go, so the SP would have to drop a lot after ER for me to be able to sell them again for more than $1, right? Maybe I shouldn't try to buy them back before ER....

I think DI0003 is going pop up any moment now ......... missed seeing his awesome charts and comments.
Indeed, the stock has plunged back to where it was on, uhh, Tuesday!

I guess it's just a counter-reaction to the 2, 5 & 10Y bond yields rising... what I don't understand is what caused that, certainly wasn't CPI 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I'm still holding 70x -260 straddles for tomorrow, $5 value in there still so waiting until tomorrow for that to flush out a bit more yet

Last edited:
I wouldn’t try and switch to TDA at this point, one would then just have to be migrated later. I don’t even know if they are opening new accounts..it’s really only some legacy users who haven’t been migrated to Schwab at this point. (Self included, fortunately I have accounts everywhere)

I have multiple TD Ameritrade Accounts.

My retirement account was migrated to SCHWAB which is unadulterated hot radioactive toxic waste.

It seems they might be planning to keep ThinkorSwim platform for certain retail accounts. This would be a genius move for them. Most of my retail is on IAB which is very good.

DO NOT OPEN A TDA ACCOUNT NOW UNLESS YOU WANT A SCHWAB ACCOUNT.

I have multiple TD Ameritrade Accounts.

My retirement account was migrated to SCHWAB which is unadulterated hot radioactive toxic waste.

It seems they might be planning to keep ThinkorSwim platform for certain retail accounts. This would be a genius move for them. Most of my retail is on IAB which is very good.

DO NOT OPEN A TDA ACCOUNT NOW UNLESS YOU WANT A SCHWAB ACCOUNT.
Can confirm. My kid's accounts migrated to SCHWAB and it's not fun.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed and sparkz