Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just decided to roll 230CC for Friday to 235CC 11/24 for 4.5.
So 5 dollar strike improvement and 4.5 premium.
A bit less than monthly goal, but the combination of both pulled the trigger.

Reasoning behind this:

If the stock goes down after earnings, I shouldn’t have done this obv.
But it might be better than expected and I don’t think we only went down last days/weeks because of macro only.
When we do rise again, my possibilities with this contract are way less attractive.
Now I rolled and when we rise, there’s strike improvement as well.
Should we go down further, can also lower the strike for more premium.

Reactions: BornToFly
what matter if the pump sustain after the call. Most of the action during earning was after the call. Don't think anything was price in as movement were all driven by Macro. But who know? Maybe the Cybertruck confirmation on Nov 30th is affecting the SP now.

Man if this think pump to the moon for some reason tomorrow, guess that goodbye to our buddy DI0003.

BTW. this is nothing compare to the Netflix AH (+12%)

• Funny
Reactions: juanmedina
Was so much of this **** priced in to see 248+ already?
[edit] if expectations were so low, then we really might be in for a big surprise if anything good comes out of the call. (and then I am happy to have made the same move twice in two days) [/edit]

The downside trade was feeling crowded to me, which is why I decided to close some of the positions that I did today, but I'm hoping to add negative delta on strength / with IV crush.

As stated yesterday we are very close to my purple line, so maybe still a good idea to take this rate (still pretty low) SP for a few shares.. thinking out loud.... difficult call to make. OK, now only taking 100 @ 245 just not to be totally sorry after the call.. (now doubled down on 228 order, don't think it makes any chance of coming through)