Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thoughts are same in terms of width, and anchoring. Thinking of selling 12/1 250 or 255 cc near SP 240, if indeed a pop, at reversal open +p220/-p210 12/8. Will the dynamic of the +p220 as SP drops work just as well as the 10 wide from +p225? With SP at say 223, we don't need bought puts to sell shares at 220. Going to look at the chain to set some expectations, better understand this dynamic.
It depend on how far the drop is heading. spread of +225p/-220p was based on initial Dl003 TA analysis. The drop now is predicted to go lower down to 220….

I used Jim daily chart to gauged the call side.

Reason I do both end is because win to loss ratio is better and the strangle/iron butterly is a safer play. Stock only goes 1 direction and there a wider areas of play. Applying the team bias I can furthur tighten the play.

I dont have much Tesla Stock nor cash. If you do then cash/stock covered puts and call are better play IMO

Team right now are split on whether we dump or pump starting next week. So be careful.

Reactions: MikeC
True, eventually a dump needs to happen... thanks for the insight guys. I refrained from opening a position Friday, too many unknowns.
Dec 1 based on current chain, positive gamma sitting in the 250s, negative in the 220s, I'll aim to sell CC $15 away from a local high and only buy puts on a confirmed reversal. I feel there'll be more risk to the downside; I don't want the exposure with sold puts.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Massive lines at all the delivery centers now to see the trucks on display.
I'm not too worried about a dump. This is Model 3 all over again. 🚀

Image 1.jpeg

View attachment 993790
What I understood from reading Isaacson book is that during Model 3 production he’ll ramp up Elon ordered all the parts to make 5000 Model 3s a week but they were not even capable of producing 2500 with the assembly line rate. If they didn’t fix the red stations with problems on the assembly line fast they would go bankrupt withing single to low double digits weeks. TSLA was so massively shorted the stock was pushed down artificially by all the shorters because Tesla was as close ad bankruptcy as during 2008, again.

I see a difference to day in that the Cybertruck is not a do or die situations like in 2008 and 2019.

View attachment 993790
Here in Seattle area, there were quite a few to see … but I won’t compare to Model 3.

I stood in the queue for 5 hours to reserve Model 3.

We got to see the CT after 30 seconds ;)

Alright. If it goes above 245 before breaking 226, I'll leave and never come back.

See you in 2 weeks, or never.
@dl003 - please retract. Bought some shares last week and was intending more over the next couple of weeks. As nice as it might be to pick up shares below 226 on the one side of that statement, now having to consider reducing planned purchases to avoid losing your presence here in this forum on the other side of that statement is a dilemma.

@dl003 - please retract. Bought some shares last week and was intending more over the next couple of weeks. As nice as it might be to pick up shares below 226 on the one side of that statement, now having to consider reducing planned purchases to avoid losing your presence here in this forum on the other side of that statement is a dilemma.
Appreciate the thought, but Im seriously reconsidering the meaning of my continued presence here. No matter how many times I call it correctly, people just dont give me any more respect than they do a coin flip. They ask for my read only to bet against it. I've quit posting for far less.

Please go ahead and buy all the shares you wanna buy. I'm pretty confident in this bet.

What people do here is not trading but more akin to hoping. You are lucky TSLA is a strong ticker and eventually your bad bets are going to be rescued. I want no part in this, though.

Appreciate the thought, but Im seriously reconsidering the meaning of my continued presence here. No matter how many times I call it correctly, people just dont give me any more respect than they do a coin flip. They ask for my read only to bet against it. I've quit posting for far less.

Please go ahead and buy all the shares you wanna buy. I'm pretty confident in this bet.

What people do here is not trading but more akin to hoping. You are lucky TSLA is a strong ticker and eventually your bad bets are going to be rescued. I want no part in this, though.

Alright. If it goes above 245 before breaking 226, I'll leave and never come back.

See you in 2 weeks, or never.

Actually, there may be a loophole here, which potentially might make a fun short-term game. Conjecturally, if one were to put in sufficient good-til-canceled limit-buy orders at ~$226.50 and limit-sell orders at ~$244.50, and were to keep the trading range between those for the next 2 weeks, you would presumably still be seen here in 2 weeks, and hence the conditional "or never" would not need to occur, even though neither of the price points will have been reached. I, for one, would greatly prefer and appreciate your continued presence here. I suspect I am not the only one here who feels that way.

P.S. FWIW, I see > 50% chances for each of "< $226" and "> $245" occurring prior to December 9, 2023 (i.e. the next 2 weeks). Time will tell how this post ages. :)

Don't know about the others, but I readily admit to being a gambler!

No matter how many times I call it correctly, people just dont give me any more respect than they do a coin flip. They ask for my read only to bet against it.

Dunno if it’s fair that the choices of 1 or 2 contrarians should result in the punishment of the countless rest of us here who look forward to your posts, have repeatedly seen your excellent calls come true and have come to count on them, especially longtimers such as OrthoSurg, etc. and have learnt from you so much.

❤️

Dunno if it’s fair that the choices of 1 or 2 contrarians should result in the punishment of the countless rest of us here who look forward to your posts, have repeatedly seen your excellent calls come true and have come to count on them, especially longtimers such as OrthoSurg, etc. and have learnt from you so much.

❤️
As Jim always said making money with friend is the ultimate goal here. People may have differing opinion. Which make us more well rounded. Some have more weight then others. Dl003 say something we all listen and many have followed including myself.

At the end of the day each and everyone of us make our own decision.

I even made a post saying I quit… if my boatload of puts down print… and no one care ;)

So great respect to all that had help this little dog find his way.

• Love
Reactions: Blue horseshoe

I think there is one or two people arguing with everything you say and doing the opposite but for the vast majority, we are listening and all greatly benefiting from your shots calling. You do whatever you want to do but do not act on 1 or 2 individuals who come here to argue with you because they can’t argue with their wives.

❤️
On Oct 2th I had sold 25 x p190 on AAPL and closed them when they went from $12 to $11 and bought 10 x p165 betting on a downturn. It did not happen and I blamed the markets for not listening to @dl003 predictions and I blamed the market for not closing my 25 x 100x $12 sold Puts last week while they would be worth under $1. ;)

Reactions: Jim Holder
Interesting relevant post today in the Roundtable thread:

“The closing price for TSLA on Dec 31, 2020 was $235.22. Friday’s closing price for TSLA on Nov 24, 2023 was $235.45, for a gain of $0.23 (or 0.097781%) over the past almost 3 years.

“Yes, certainly many will correctly state that the full 3-yr return from late Nov 2020 is up more than that, as both Nov and Dec 2020 were months of significant TSLA gains due to the S&P500 inclusion on Dec 21, 2020. However, after that, the very choppy ride that TSLA has been on has netted out only a few *pennies* of gain per year for pure TSLA share HODLers.

“It will be interesting to see where TSLA ends 2023 in a little over a month, and see what the 3-year rate of return looks like at that point.”

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

• Informative
Reactions: Surfer of Life