Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn’t the narrative that lower interest rates = more Tesla car sales=better margins for Tesla=TSLA stays stronger than any macro market weakness?
That happens on yields already (DCF gets better if yields drop, as important metric business-wise). yields already drop, because of the rate-pause and expected cut. BUT and this is the reason WHEN govt cuts rates, there is a reason, something broke, so must be repaired and the market knows, this is the start of the recession in which revenues and margins drop, so interest is becoming secondary EPS is the thing that is multiplies and that drops, likely the coming half year After rate-cut. Mostly shortlived dump in which it is smart to wait for a sign of bottoming. there is only 1 occurrence of not dumping, of all recessions. Statistics, so all can be different this time.

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
That happens on yields already (DCF gets better if yields drop, as important metric business-wise). yields already drop, because of the rate-pause and expected cut. BUT and this is the reason WHEN govt cuts rates, there is a reason, something broke, so must be repaired and the market knows, this is the start of the recession in which revenues and margins drop, so interest is becoming secondary EPS is the thing that is multiplies and that drops, likely the coming half year After rate-cut. Mostly shortlived dump in which it is smart to wait for a sign of bottoming. there is only 1 occurrence of not dumping, of all recessions. Statistics, so all can be different this time.
The only problem is I hear this argument everywhere these days ("the market only bottoms after the Fed cuts rate"). It seems so common knowledge that I almost want to fade it.

yeah @dl003 , the good old "isn't that already priced in?" Maybe take a peek @ fxevolution's daily YT. he's on top of all these kind of statistics. The nice thing is: some statistics do contradict each other (as I often happen to recognize, so you fall back to the dominant ones or the ones that are least broken and the "hide when rates are being cut" is a strong one)

The only problem is I hear this argument everywhere these days ("the market only bottoms after the Fed cuts rate"). It seems so common knowledge that I almost want to fade it.
CGS spread it everywhere like bonfire.

Guys, seriously stop working, it’s too dangerous. Just fell on ice in the parking lot this afternoon after finished my day at the clinic and broke my 5th metatarsal. Now I can’t walk without crutches and walking boot. I should just retire, stay at home and trade according to @dl003 plans and enjoy life watching my LEAPS increase everyday.

Guys, seriously stop working, it’s too dangerous. Just fell on ice in the parking lot this afternoon after finished my day at the clinic and broke my 5th metatarsal. Now I can’t walk without crutches and walking boot. I should just retire, stay at home and trade according to @dl003 plans and enjoy life watching my LEAPS increase everyday.

So sorry to hear! Prayers for a smooth and complete healing ❤️

Hard to argue against that

Where's the buyer? Tesla been trailing below SPY...QQQ already pump at $5.

Guess my brother Max Plaid left his wallet at home today.
Office party yesterday, after which I could hardly walk, never mind trade, somehow made it home and went straight to bed!

Still have my three positions in play for this week 30x -240, 60x -c240, 100x -c260

Seems there was a good moment to close those -c240's yesterday when they hit $2, ah well

Looks like the jobs numbers came in a little hotter than desired - good for the economy, of course, but bad for rate-cutting prospects...

1702044860872.png

Reposting in case my question got lost in pile yesterday:

When TSLA is expected to rise, what's better for capturing upside, sold puts (-P) or bought calls (+C)?
And any NFA suggestions for strike/DTE on either?
Depends on many things, such as your risk appetite, your long term financial goals (amount of shares vs cash), etc.

Also: if you sell puts OTM, ITM or DITM the rewards differ. Same for calls (bought). So strike price selection determines profits. (Many go ATM and roll up everytime the SP climbs 5% further, this maximizes put selling profit)

Also expiration date has a huge influence. Selling a -300p for March 2024 for example, and riding the SP up to $300 by February, will result in greater profit than a sold -300p JAN2026 with the same SP rise. (but you have lower risk)

So yeah: risk/reward and all that.

And calls versus puts: you want to cap your losses (buy calls) or cap your profits (sell puts)?