Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
QTA levels for today

1705071067540.png

1/12

1705071095523.png

1/19

1705071120876.png

1705071152839.png

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
This should pop the stock a bit, no?

OK, as planned, STO 70x 1/26 -c220 @$11.1, could have got more, but obviously didn't expect the opening bounce to go higher, hey-ho!

Still holding the 100x 1/26 -c240, have a sell in for those, but didn't quite hit at open. No big rush, I might even hold them anyway given that I also have 1/26 20x -p240's

Why everything 1/26? Well that's the week with the best IV, of course, and the idea would be to close it all out on earnings day, we'll see...

+$210kYTD on short calls alone, so feeling OK with this very bearish position, until it flips of course...

Not seeing much life in the stock for the foreseeable future (next months). The dark clouds of further price drops, shrinking EV credits, Elon possibly selling after the lock-up period ends will not be easy to dismiss by the market. I can see us go to 150 this quarter. I'm prepared, but not well enough.

I could be wrong as usual.

What are you talking about?
He oversold in 2022, should have plenty of cash on hand since X's burn has stabilized.

At the end of 2022 he said he would definitely not sell in 2023 and probably not in 2024. ‘Probably’ being the magic word. And it's not like nothing has changed since then with the venture he may need money for - it's too far OT to discuss that in more detail.

I've added some more protection with 5 x p200 2/2 at @2.87 (not related to a possible stock sale, but to the 2024 outlook Tesla may provide).

Dan Shapiro always says he like to see a gap down if a stock is going to rip during the day. Perfect bear trap this morning.
like yesterday we do a fakey up and then go for the real bottom.
Like I said last week, again I do not like closing near the week low. We are getting close to bearish engulfing on the monthly, which would be very bad, but it all coincides with the 217 long term rising-bottom, that I pointed out this morning (@dl003 confirming that pivotal point). It is crucial to hold and in fact I would like to see a 217.99 at least today to jump away from immediately and not hovering around the bottom like yesterday, or as @dl003 explained earlier: You have almost zilch time to step in on a real bad bottom. That is the reason I do not think the 219.60 was the bottom today yet: we took off, but there was no follow-through. So now I am getting out of other positions to create maximum cash and margin for the last buy and just a little bit more -P, today if bouncing off 217 and otherwise Tuesday-Friday (Remember: no trade next Monday and quite a lot of worldnews to be digested over the long weekend.)

Last edited: